Chapter 36

It has been a week and a half since I was brought into this house. I never saw CJ or Blake again, I only heard them screaming or arguing from a distance. Instead, I was basically only ever visited by Jesse.

At first, he would only come to bring my food and leave, but as the days progressed, he would stay longer and we would just talk about life. I learned a lot of things about him that helped me discover his amazing personality.

Him and his brother were both orphaned at a young age when both their parents died together due to cancer fifteen years ago. He was about eleven years old while his other brother was fourteen. They were both left to care for their younger sister Bianca; who was five at the time. Their grandparents took them in, and made sure they all went to school.

Everything went perfectly and as planned; until it no longer did. Their sister was kidnapped and a few days later, she was found murdered and dumped in front of their own house!!

That's when he completely lost it and gave up on university. He started sulking around until he decided, along with his brother, that he would get into this dark cold business of kidnapping just to avenge his sister's death.

After I opened up to him about my disgusting garbage brother, we sort of bonded and became friends pretty fast.

He bought me clothes and keeps bringing me my favourite food and drinks, so we bonded pretty quick.

"Jess do you know when I'll be getting out of here? I want to go to my parents please!"

"I know kid and I'm so sorry, but there is nothing I could do." He says, as he puts the groceries he bought me next to my bed before sitting at the far end from me.

"You know there isn't anything I can do without getting us both killed." He said.

"But what do they want from me? What have I done?"

"I really don't know Alexis. I'm in no position to ask and even if I did, they wouldn't tell me."

"Yeah, CJ and Blake are complete morons!" I said in frustration.

"Oh it's not them who won't talk. It's another dude. Apparently this is his masterplan and I overheard them saying it would all be over pretty soon."

"What? How does he look like?"

"I didn't personally see him and to be honest, I don't intend on doing so. I better get going before they catch me here. I'll see you later kid." He said, locking the door behind him.

Feelings defeated, I retreated back to my bed and started crying out of utter frustration.

No one has asked for me. Am I seriously that unwanted? Or did they just do a great job at covering their tracks.

I had a lot of questions I needed answered.

Where's mom and dad?

What happened to them?

Why aren't they coming for me?

How is Sebastian?

How's Jaycee?

How's Jace?