|32|

In everybody's life, 

there are hidden chapters, 

which they hope 

may never 

be known. 

-Agatha Christie 

***

There is only one place I know to go to.

It takes me almost an hour to get there, and I'm surprise when Atlas or Lilah don't show up behind me, demanding I come back to the pack house.

But within that hour I find myself stumbling down the road towards Jay and Daisy's cabin.

Daisy is sitting outside, peaceful and serene as the wind grabs and tosses around her hair.

She stands though when she sees me.

"Lexie?" She races down the steps, grabbing me as I fall into her arms.

"I'm sorry," I'm more cohesive now, but the feel of her skin on mine has me drawing away.

"What's wrong. Where's Atlas?"

Her eyes are glowing as she looks around, alert to any danger.

"He's..." I hiccup, my throat lost in the folds of my sobs. 

"Was the pack house attacked? Are you okay? Is Atlas okay?"

Daisy's is shaking me now, demanding an answer, "No no he's fine. Fine. I just. I just."

Daisy stops in her movements as she looks down at me.

"Please Lexie," her voice is thin and shaking as she bends down to be eye level with me, "Please tell me you did not run away."

I stare into her deep blue eyes. The color is exactly the same as Atlas's. Exactly the same.

But those eyes close in silent sorrow, blocking out their blue for me to see.

"Oh Lexie."

Without another words she is pulling me up, helping me to the porch and into a chair.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

I shake my head. This female was the last person I wanted to share my darkness with.

"Can I borrow your phone?"

She nods and silently hands me it.

I look at her, my silence speaking volumes as Daisy shrugs, "Even if I go in the house, I'll still hear it."

I nod and slowly type in the number.

Mark picks up on the third ring.

"Hello?"

"Mark," I breath a sigh of relief when I hear his voice.

"Lex? Lexie is that you?"

"Yes, I'm using a different phone."

There is a pause on the other end as Mark takes a deep breath, "Lex what's wrong?"

"I need you to come get me."

Daisy's gasp of surprise has me nervously glancing at her, but she stays silent, her eyes wide, but not leaving me as Mark's panicked voice is heard from the other end.

"Why? What's wrong, talk to me Lex. Did you tell him? Is that what happened? That bastard!"
I hear a crash as Mark's anger gets the best of him.