9. Uncertain Mission Somewhere in Peru

(Greyson's POV)

During those moments when Fifteen, Eleven and I read my father's letter for me, we figured out that our pendants are more important than we know it. Eleven said hers can appear just as where it was left whenever someone remove it from there. Fifteen said she never found out about its power, because it was hidden under her pillow in the orphanage. Mine can do signals when there's a Mogadorian nearby.

I wonder what the other pendants can do. That's why I'm retrieving my pendant back. We need them all. We need to collect them for whatever important thing it can do to help us. That's why whatever risk that's waiting for me in Peru, I need to get there.

Not just to save my pendant, but to save Clara.

I comfortably lay my head on my seat, waiting for the plane to reach Peru. Twenty-three hours ago, I decided to take a trip in plane. It was not the safest idea, but it's the only way for me to get to the country located all across the globe.

My seatmate is an old man with his young blonde grand daughter. Despite of being cautious in every action I do to avoid the Mogs' attraction, I need to ensure that I'm safe from social interactions and whatnots. The girl usually stare at me, as if I'm someone who might kill somebody.

With my dark outfit, how couldn't I get that stare?

But I don't mind her.

Last night, I dreamt about Fifteen. Good thing we had a chance to talk. The plan isn't easy at all, which is to have us separated and do our own jobs before uniting again in Chicago next week. Today is Tuesday. Five weeks left. If otherwise we didn't have time to go there, it extends until next week.

Let's just hope I see them this week.

Or save Clara this week. Or maybe them, find Twelve in this week.

A bit impossible, huh. But I have to look on the brighter side.

In no time, the plane descended somewhere in Peru's airport. Unfortunately, Albert did not mention the location of the Mog base exactly. But fortunately, I found possible places in that country from the internet.

You know, sometimes not every thing in the internet is fake. Some verified sites are actually have a slight truth in there that many refuse to believe because it's funny. I found some unexplainable incidents in Peru that could be a Loric activity or that of the Mogs. But whichever, they're just the same since logically, Mogs could have invaded our Loric sites if they're trying to hunt us.

And one of that is in Machu Picchu.

"Oh, hey Night." I realize my chimaera turned into a mouse. Tiny enough that nobody will see her. Pets arent allowed in planes. But I'm glad she chose to be with me for company over flying as an eagle from Australia to Peru.

The girl beside me saw her, somehow. "Is that your rat?"

"Mice," I correct her. Must've been because Night's natural color is black. As a mouse, she's gray. Night squeaks from my hand and goes back inside my bag again. "Her name is Night."

"She looks dirty," the girl criticizes.

"Hey!" I say, but the airplane successfully landed. The intercom says something about we can go now. So I grab my bag and went out.

********

Night and I found an abandoned truck, still filled with enough fuel to run the engine. We rode into the city from where we can find that Machu Picchu. It is said that there were several alien sightings in that area. Not only that, Peru was known for being a hotspot, and is being visited by UFO's multiple times.