Chapter 31

Okay, the new (plothole-free, I hope) timeline is built and you get to see Horace's birthday in the Silver Bullets' pub. I was originally thinking of having it summed up by someone's memory (probably Keri's) and posting it in detail as an extra for Christmas or another occasion, but I found a way to tie it in with the rest of the books so rejoice Horace fans: you'll be getting more of him before we return to Keri and Callum!

PS: His other birthday party won't be in this book (sorry; I couldn't find a way to sneak it in!) so maybe that as a one-shot Christmas bonus?

We'll see.

The excitement was palpable in our pub today.

And how could it not?

It was the second of March - Horace's sixteenth birthday.

Everyone was happy that another member of our pack was entering The Age of Recognition and we anxiously awaited the last Silver Bullets to join in, in the hopes of one of the youngsters turning out to be the birthday boy's mate. The chances were slim as most of them had already gathered, but still: there was a chance and there was hope.

Not that it would be a problem if Horace's mate turned out to be from another pack. As a matter of fact, it was highly likely as most of the families here were already related. It reminded me that soon some of the youngsters would have to branch out and form a pack of their own. I'd be sad to see them leave - everyone would - but it had to be done. We were growing too many for our grounds, too many not to attract human attention, and as I pointed out before - to few of us were not related, at least by marriage.

I wondered if Horace would be one of those to leave.

His father and mother would go with him, of course; some of the other parents would too. We couldn't just leave the young ones all on their own, even if they'd be the majority of those who'd branch out.

I took a sip of my beer and turned to Kennedy just as he slung his arm around Horace's shoulders and laughed.

Kennedy would stay, I was sure of that; all of the Flemings would. So would Anthony - he wouldn't leave me, and his Lisa; so would Conrad and his wife - they owned the pub.

Their son Ivan would probably go though, along with his mate Belle Harvey and her sister Mabel. The Bullets would also probably part with the only triplets in the pack - Peter, Damon and Serenity, as well as Peter's mate Linda.

And the adults?

Maybe someone from my Council?

Galen would probably go with them; it was useful to have a doctor around when you founded a new pack.

I was sure that the other Council members would stay here with maybe the exception of Jasper. It would entirely depend on whether Horace went away or not.