Chapter Five | Sniffles

Cyprus double checked his phone to make sure he was going in the right direction

Cyprus double checked his phone to make sure he was going in the right direction. He had read the note so many times, that he had it all memorized by now. It was late Saturday morning and one of the few hours of daylight in London. He found it relatively easy to navigate to the chosen destination, using public transport, which took him a while to get used to and it did help that the library was close to the school. The walk from the bus stop to the library was a short 5 mins as the library was centered near a residential area.

Cyprus hadn't been feeling well since he got up this morning. His throat was raw and itchy and his nose was blocked. He wanted to cancel his plans with Estella but after all the progress he had been making, he decided against it. Despite feeling like shit, he would be there and he could always use the excuse of having no way to contact her, to anyone who asked about it. He had taken a bunch of vitamins before he left his house, glad that his parents weren't around or else they would've stopped him before he left the house.

Estella had arrived earlier to the library than the time that she had given Cyprus. She decided to spend that time reading, whilst she waited for him. She usually came her to have some quiet time anyway so she thought it would be the perfect place to meet. She wasn't even sure whether he was going to come or no. She should've given him her number so he could contact her, now that she thought about it. She would have to remember that if he came to the library. She glanced at the door as the time grew closer, whenever it opened.

Cyprus finally found her way into the library and Estella instantly spotted him. He was too busy taking in his new surrounding to notice Estella sitting in between two bookshelves. Estella checked her appearance in her compact mirror before approaching Cyprus. Her hair was in a high ponytail and she was dressed casually in a jumper and jeans. Cyprus, on the other hand, was bundled in multiple layers. His weak immune system made the weather seem colder than it was. Estella tried not to laugh, when she noticed this. He looked like he was going hiking in Antarctica, not a short trip to the library.

"Hey," Cyprus whispered.

"Hi, follow me," she replied equally as quiet.

Estella glanced over her shoulder to make sure Cyprus was following her as she went to the staircase near the back that lead to study cubicles, where they could quietly talk. The second floor had computers scattered around and places to work quietly. Estella found a table to her liking and started unpacking her bag. Cyprus copied her actions and started unpacking. He blew his nose and they started working, using Estella's laptop.

The work progress was slow, due to Cyprus lack of ability to think properly. He seemed to be getting sicker by the minute. Estella had enough of the contract sniffling and sneezing. He was starting to look terrible.

"For a guy who claims to be smart, you're currently acting very stupid," she said. She wondered what possessed him to even leave the house today, if he was as sick as she thought he was.

"What are you doing?" He watched as she she shut down her laptop and slid it into her bag. She packed the rest of her stuff and started packing his stuff too.

"You need to go home," she whispered, ignoring his question. Cyprus groaned. He didn't feel like moving but he knew she was correct. He put on his coat and collected his belongings, waiting for Estella to follow him out the library, which she did.

Cyprus expected them to part ways after they left the building but she followed him to the bus stop.

"Do you live far from her?" he asked her. They had arrived at the bus stop and taken a seat, waiting for the next bus in the freezing cold. It was far too windy and Cyprus was starting to miss the sun, he had grown up with.

"Nope, right round the corner actually. Where do you live?" she replied. Cyprus rattled off his address, still a bit unsure about the names of areas and such. Estella nodded, it wasn't too far away from here.

"So..." Cyprus said, wondering what she was doing.

"I'm taking you home," she mumbled, knowing exactly what he wanted to ask her.

"You just want to know where I live, stalker," he teased and then sneezed.

"Shut up Cyprus," she replied, trying to hold back a smile.

Before he could reply, the bus arrived. Estella followed him onto the bus and sat next to him. They sat in a comfortable silence. Eventually they got to Cyrus' stop, where they both got off. Estella walked him to his house, which was a few minutes away.

"Usually, I would walk the girl home," he said.

"Well, lucky for you, I get to walk you home," she replied lightly.

"Oh, you're right. I am lucky." He stopped outside his house, "Well thank you for walking me home."

"You're welcome. Remember to get plenty of rest and drink loads of water," and with those parting words, Estella turned around and walked away. Cyprus smiled as he watched her leave, before going to him house to have an extremely long nap.

~*~

We have progress.