Chapter One.

Chapter One.

His betrayal./ Then./ Now.

The air is cold as I let out a breath in the dark forest, the black trees surrounding me making it feel like I'm trapped in a cage with nowhere to go. I look around, taking in my surroundings to try to find myself a way home - or at least something that reminds me of it. But the trees looks the same no matter how many times I look at them. 

I have never been afraid of the dark before, rather enjoyed the calm feeling of the moonlight shining down at me. But here, in a forest all by myself I'm suddenly not so sure anymore. The trees stands too close together to allow any moonlight to shine through the branches and I have never felt this lonely before in my twelve years on earth. 

Sitting down on the dirty ground, I wrap my arms around my legs trying to get as small as I can. Letting my head rest on my thighs, I let the tears stream down my cheeks. My small body begins to shake as the tears continues to wet my face. Tears of loneliness and fear, feelings so familiar -but in the same time new and more powerful than ever before.

Time past by as my tears soaks my short, darkbrown curls and the only sound filling the night are my hiccups and sniffles when my cries becomes too much to handle. That's when I hear a sound of a stick cracking somewhere behind the trees to my left. Quickly trying my tears away on my shirt I stand up ready to face the stranger in the forest.

"Who's there?" I call out in the dark night, scouting the trees for any signs of the intruder. 

"Allison" a dark and familiar voice says behind me and I turn around to get a look at the person, already knowing who the voice belongs to.

"Dad" I say as I stare into the eyes of the one person I've always looked up to. But something's not right, I suddenly realise as I take in his whole apperence. A line of red liquid is making it's way down his ears, staining his already dirty shirt. I then let out a gasp as I notice the long clawmarks marking his torso where even more blood is leaving his body.

"Dad!" I scream, wrapping my small frame around his torso, not even bothering about the blood. My father is hurt is the only thing running around my head. My father, my hero.. I feel the the salty tears slowly making their way down my face once more as I keep my arms around my wounded father. We stand there as a whole lifetime passes by, at least that's what it feels like, when a sudden laugh makes me leave the safe embrace of my father to see who the new intruder may be. The mechanic, evil laugh continues as I focus on the new person between the trees. My Eyes opens wide in surprise. It's him, it's Caelan - my bestfriend. But something in his once so beatiful, golden Eyes is bothering me. The love I once saw in them is gone, leaving a darkness that I've never witnessed before. 

"Allie, come here" he says, opening his arms as to give me a hug. 

"No, you're not you!" I call out, taking a few steps back, afraid of the person I once called my bestfriend. His eyes turns dark as he takes in my response. Behind me I hear my father caugh and I glance back at him. His body is weak and pale and he's having trouble focusing his vision. 

"Allison" he gurgles, blood dripping down his mouth as he speaks. "RUN!" he caughs out and I snap my head back at Caelan just in time for him jumping at me with long fangs stained red with blood and long nails ready to cut me open.

"MINE!"

***

I take a big breath as I open my eyes, slightly sweaty as I look around alarmed. I relax once I see my mother in the frontseat of the moving car, focused on the traffic as she drives us to our new home. 

"You okay?" A voice asks to my right, turning my head to meet my brothers worried eyes. My brother - Casimir, is litterly my other half in life, my twin brother born two whole minutes before me. Naturally making him the older, protective sibling. That, and of course his tall (nearly 6,3 feet) and muscular frame, scaring away every person that comes too near. 

"Yeah, I'm fine" I lie, looking out the window as the world pass by. We've left the sunny California behind us and now the dark clouds in the horizon are making themselves known as we come closer to our goal. Lincoln, Montana.

"Allison" Casimir says with a knowing look in his piercing green eyes. 

"What?" I snap at him, slightly irritated having him investigating everything, as usual.

"It was him again, wasn't it?" he asks his warm hand on my shoulder for support. I nod my head, looking into his safe eyes as I relax my head against my brothers shoulder. Ever since him and his betrayal I've had a hard time letting people in and founding it easier to shut my friends out. But, since he was Casimirs friend as well I didn't need to tell him anything when he  just left - Casimir already knew.

"He's gone Al and his not coming back" Casimir whispers so only I can hear. I nod my head as a reply. If Cas only knew though, that he is not the only one hunting me in my dreams, but our father as well. Our father that passed away four years ago, just before our bestfriend took of without uttering a word about were he was headed. At a time when we needed our friend for support. But, instead we were left to mourn alone. Just my mother, my brother and I...