Chapter 14 - You're a Mean One, Mr. Blake

Summer's POV

"Summer, can you just hurry up pick out the ornaments already," Parker whined. We were in Target shopping for Christmas decorations. Every few years, we decide to get some new decorations for our house. We can't get new ones every year, because we can't afford it. It wouldn't be fair for Adam to have to work more jobs just so we could have some decorations. He's already working three jobs, not to mention he's taking care of all of us.

"Quit your complaining," I said, "and help me pick some out." We usually get five new ornaments. I picked out three already, but still couldn't decide what the last two should be. I chose an acorn ornament, a butterfly ornament, and an ornament that read, "hope."

"How about this one and this one," Jake said while pointing to an owl ornament, and an ornament that had a treble clef. They were actually really cool, so we put them in our shopping cart.

We split up into two groups. I was with Jake, Ryan, and Parker. This way, we could get all of our decorations quicker. The other group was getting decorations for the house, while we were getting some for the tree.

"Time to get the tree topper," Ryan said.

We strolled over to where the tree toppers were all displayed. We always chose a star, because it was the classic. It wasn't too flashy, but it went well with the tree. Jake ended up spotting a wooden star. It was simple, yet elegant. Who knew Jake had such a good eye for Christmas decorations?

We agreed to look around some more after I begged Jake. For some reason, I just love Target. You could go in there planning to buy some paper towels, but end up coming out with a new printer, some gloves, but not a trace of paper towels. When I whipped my head around to see more decorations, I jumped in surprise. I thought there was a stalker staring at me. I ended up doubled over with laughter after realizing that my own reflection had scared myself, and that I was just looking at a mirror.

I looked in the mirror and admired my outfit. I was wearing a Rudolph hoodie with some jeans and a red beanie. I paired my outfit with some red converse I borrowed from Autumn. I swear, that girl has every color converse imaginable.

My group made our way to the registers, which we planned to meet at. We waited for the other group to finish before checking out our stuff.

"Over here!" Parker said while waving his hands like a lunatic. I spotted Adam, Blake, Andrew, and Victor coming toward us with a cart full of decorations. I looked inside and saw a wreath, some garland, and some lights. We bought our stuff and headed out of the store.

We stuffed all of our stuff in the trunk and hopped in the car. I was squished in between Parker and Ryan. They were burping and farting. We ended up having a burping contest, which Parker won. Honestly, I'm shocked at the fact that people are actually attracted to us. If they see us at home, I'm sure their feelings would vanish faster than you can say "crushes."

"You guys better help us bring in the decorations," Adam said. Parker and I were trying to get to the door before he noticed.

We slowly turned around, and Parker said, "Of course, we were just going to the bathroom." Adam rolled his eyes, obviously seeing what we were up to. But he just waved us off and we ran inside.

I went on to Parker's phone and blasted a Christmas playlist. Parker and I jammed to Sleigh Bells.

Just hear those sleigh bells jingle-ing
Ring ting tingle-ing too
Come on, it's lovely weather
For a sleigh ride together with you