Chapter 30

When I arrive, Danny's team is doing well, but falling fast. The halfas have not been able to split off from the rest of the group and are busy protecting the humans. I lash out with my fire, blowing back a large circle around the group.

Landing, I turn to Danny. "What's happening? Leave!"

Danny shakes his head. "I'm not quite strong enough to defeat him on my own yet. Even if I was, leaving them alone would dampen my power. Obsession, you know."

"Fine!" I blow the ghosts back again, sending several of them out of commission. "Jack, Ashton, Ellie, follow me!"

Ashton has enough ectoplasm to fly with the three of us, and we streak towards the glowing green ball of energy at the center of it all. "Em," gasps Ashton, flying closer to me. "I need more of whatever halfa juice you gave me, or I won't be able to do much."

"I'll ask my fire," I reply, taking his hand so he doesn't have to put so much energy into flying.

I don't know, she replies. It takes a lot of good karma for something like that. I don't know how much Jack has left.

Me, then?

You are exempt from the powers of Karma.

Does that mean no consequences for my actions?

You're confusing karma for justice. Karma is universal balance of the forces. Justice is temporal and much lower key. They work together, but are not the same. All the good karma you've stacked up from being a good person is unusable, especially by me.

Interesting. Can Vlad's bad be used?

Though there's plenty of it... We both share a similar grimace. No. We need it for the trial. If we use it, then he'll have a less severe punishment.

His own?

"Emma?"

"It's Jem, and I'm still asking."

"Okay..."

Anyone else!

I'm sorry, Jem...

"There isn't enough good karma around to renew," I say at last. "We'll have to use good old fashioned bluffing."

There's enough karma for that, Sovaĝa Fajro says.

Ashton's hair grows bleach white and his eyes grow bright green. He takes a look at his glowing white skin. "I guess it'll fool him for a little while."

This'll fool him longer, Sovaĝa Fajro continues.

Whitish gloves appear on his hands, looking like Danny's, but with a bit more metal bulk. "What are these?"

I relay the information as Sovaĝa Fajro tells me. "They're ectoplasm gloves. They take the ectoplasm from the air to give you tangible ectoblasts. One blast can charge in about two minutes. Up to ten blasts."

So you can make those but can't give ghost powers?

First of all: ghost powers take a whole lot more. Second, I didn't make them, I teleported them. Danny Phantom already made them, I just sent them here.

Oh, okay.

"How do you use them?"

I shrug. "I don't know, but you'd better learn fast."

"... Thanks?"

I give him a thumbs up. "Ready, team?"

"No," replies Jack. "Let's do it."