Chapter 33

Guys, I don't know why, but the song above just reminds me of this story so much! I literally love it and it hurts my heart! Tell me what you think!

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 33

       "Close your eyes."

       I tried not to frown as I gazed over at the behemoth of a man. I didn't trust the sneaky glint in his ruby red eyes, or the smirk pulling at his full lips. "Why?" I narrowed my gaze at the laughter dancing through his.

       "Just close your eyes. Trust me."

       I hated when he said that. It always made me feel so guilty. But despite the small unease settling in my stomach, I did as he asked. I did trust him, with everything in me. His low chuckle rolled slowly in the air around us. I was surprised when the soft touch of his lips brushed against my own, but I kept my eyes closed and leaned into the gentle kiss.

       "What was that for?" My voice came out as an airy whisper when he pulled away, my eyes still closed against the bright light of his.

       "Because I wanted to. Now, 'sh'. Do not look yet."

       My head was still reeling from his kiss, but I didn't miss the way his strong arms wrapped carefully around my waist, his lips brushing along my cheek. I was too distracted by his touch, by him, to notice the air around us falling away, then whipping completely in the opposite direction.

       "Hold your breath, my little star." Adie murmured against my lips, before his own were pressing against mine once again. I did as he said as the wind continued to drastically change directions.

       His kisses were fogging my mind, his arms pinning me tight against him. I didn't even notice when the floor beneath us disappeared, and light flashed behind closed eyelids. I gasped when my feet touched ground again and my legs shook. Adranus's hold was the only thing keeping me steady.

       He chuckled as I tore my lips from his and suck in a deep breath of air, his arm as strong as steel as I fell into him. "You could have warned me." I grumbled against the warmth of his chest as his embrace turned into a warm hug and he tucked my head under his chin.

       "I told you to hold your breath."

       I wanted to lift my head and glare at the amusement I knew was shining in his eyes, but I was just too comfortably warm held against him. I even had to keep a disgruntled pout from my lips when he eased me away from his chest and held me at arms-length.

       "You can look now, Emrie."

       My heart fluttered at the nickname that past his lips, at the warm feeling of gold that settled in my stomach. No other god, nor star, called me such endearing terms. It only made my love for him grow.

       I blinked slowly up at the dark expanse around us, my eyes lingering on the shadowed trees and river winking up at us from below. My chest clenched at the sight, at the cool air surrounding the Mountain, at the other stars gleaming in the sky. He had taken me to the mortal plane.

       "It's wonderful..." My eyes were wide as I gazed over the beautiful landscape, my soul flashing in erratic spurts in my chest. We stood atop a waterfall, one with water as clear as crystal as it cascaded over its edge.

       "It is the place I come whenever I travel to this realm. A sacred place." The amusement from his voice had faded as his hand reached for my own. I let him entwine our fingers, his so large and warm it felt as if I was grasping at the sun.