Chapter 13: The Love-Hate Relations

I look left and right in the hallway, to make sure the coast is clear. I don't want anyone seeing me running around with a torn blouse.

Making sure no one is around, I rush up the stairs.

"Rough day?" I hear Terry's sarcastic voice behind me.

I place my hand on my hip and turn only slightly, not allowing him to see the full of me. "Don't you ever have something to do? Besides spying on other people, that is."

He laughs. "What's gotten into you today?" He lifts his hands and leaves at the opposite direction.

Something definitely has, I bitterly conclude. And it was too good to be able not to think about it for the entire week.

I sigh and enter Darius and my bedroom. Just seeing our bed makes me imagine us making love on it.
I mean, we already did it once. What does it matter how many times we do it again?

A million, please.

Stop it! I reprimand my inner wolf. She is such a bad influence.

I go into the bathroom to prepare for dinner and decide not to take a shower. I really really enjoy smelling like my mate...

Five minutes to 7 I come down for dinner, curious where Darius might be. He hasn't come upstairs at all. That is unlike his usual behavior.

Walking down the hallway, I hear hushed voices coming from behind the closed living room doors. I tip-toe closer and lean my ear onto it.

"You are crazy. Insane. That is just the stupidest idea I've ever heard!" I recognize Beta Derek's voice.

"We'll talk about this again later. We're not in private anymore," Darius says in a low voice.

Oh, for the love of God! I almost scream in anguish. When I hear footsteps approach, I don't move an inch. Instead, I place my hands on my hips, my eyes going a shade darker in anger.

Darius opens the door and his eyes find me immediately. "Lila," he places his hand on the small of my back, but I shove it away immediately.

"Derek," I give him a short polite smile. "Send my hellos to Simone. I'd be happy to see her."

"Luna," Derek nods respectfully, "I will be back here later tonight. I'll be sure to bring her along."

"Be here at 8.30," Darius tells him then meets my eyes, "I want to wrap it up early today."

But I don't pay attention to his words. Instead, Derek's are stuck with me. Bring her along. Is that how all the wolves treat their female halves?

My mate tries to rest his hand at my back once again, but I step away before he touches me. I walk into the room, all the way to a window, then turn to look at him.

"I am unhappy with you," is all I say. And it is the truth.

He finds himself next to me in an instant, a worried look across his face. "How so?"

"I know something's wrong, I've known it from the beginning," I take a few steps back to the door then lean on a desk. "I don't know why you're keeping me out of everything, but your behavior makes me feel like less. I wish... I really wish I could go back to Ian." There. I said it. Looking him straight in the eyes. "He knew how to treat me with respect."

I might not know him well, but in his eyes I recognize various emotions: anger, hurt, and jealousy.

Good. I don't care. He hurt me, too.