Theon - Sci-fi Round 4 Smackdown Entry

Theon stood tall on the gigantic floating lily pad; it hovered in the sky as high up as a castle. Three witches stood before him. They looked exactly as he had heard in old stories; each one of them was ugly, and had black robes, black pointy hats, and broomsticks. One muttered an enchantment keeping them afloat on the giant lily pad, whilst the other two witches smiled at him.

  The heavily clad Theon looked to the ground at his right hand man Brilo, who was only just now regaining consciousness. Brilo had attempted to challenge the witches with his high-powered machine gun. The middle witch spoke fast foreign words, which had knocked him onto the surface out cold. 

  The witch who knocked Brilo to the ground turned and looked deep into Theon’s eyes. “You shall now be known as Theon, Lord of Elsor!”

  Theon and Brilo both had eyes of surprise. Brilo grabbed his weapon and lifted himself off the ground. His silver coloured amour bore many marks from the many battles he and Theon had heroically been a part of.  

  A second witch stepped forward, “Then you shall become king of all.”

  Brilo still held one finger on the trigger of his weapon nervously, “What about me? What will become of me?”

  The only witch yet to speak smiled her teeth were rotten and decaying; her face had sores all over it, “You shall father a line of kings, but you yourself will never be.”

  Brilo accepted the prophecy well, as he had never desired the throne, but knowing a son of his would some day be king gave him tremendous joy. Theon looked unmoved by it all.

  “How would I become king without committing treason?” Theon asked.

  The witches did not respond, a great fog came and passed, as it cleared the witches were nowhere to be seen.

Both of the heavily armed men spun around in combat stance; their guns one squeeze away from unloading, as a transport came to a halt in the air along side the lily pad. 

  They eased off their weapons when the nobleman Richard boarded the floating pad they were on. He was covered in gold and was flanked by an entourage of bodyguards.

  Theon and Brilo bowed respectively. Richard motioned for them to rise, “I bring you news from our king,” Richard said.

  “What word does he send?” Theon asked.

  “The lord Thomas has been executed for high treason against his majesty. Due to your great leadership skills and heroic efforts, his majesty has seen fit to promote you to the Thane of Elsor.”

  Theon and Brilo exchanged looks of surprise; the first part of the witches prophecy had come to fruition.

  “Tell his majesty I am honored,” Theon said.

  “You can tell him yourself,” Richard placed a metallic cylinder on the ground and dialed a combination of numbers.

  Within moments the king appeared in hologram form, the image had everyone kneeling before the king. “Congratulations Theon, the new Thane of Elsor. Tales of your bravery have been echoed on every screen and speaker in the city. In celebration I will be spending an evening at your castle, and I trust it will be a grand event.”

  “Yes my king,” Theon said.

   When Richard and his entourage departed, Theon and Brilo both activated their beacons, and their personal transports came flying to a halt alongside them. The black cylinder machines were well equipped for battle, they were single pods armed with tracking missiles, and rapid canons. They were the calvary of the times, and proved to be the deciding weapons in many battles.