Chapter 4:Another Trip To Britain:Part 1:Edwin

The Current Day In The Starship Adventures Is:November 20th,5028

This Part Of The Story Is Told Through The Perspective Of:Sally

  I stare out of a porthole in one of The Maiden's two pubs,and in the distance of Space,the floating mass of Great Britain appears.I turn away from the porthole to exit the pub,but I'm stopped in my tracks by the sight of someone whom I did not wish to see.

  It's a very ghostly looking boy.Who's wearing a very light and long white robe that's long enough to entirely cover his bare feet.The left sleeve of his robe is ripped off past his elbow.His right sleeve is in tatters.Bloodstains,that look to be very recent,cover areas here and there on his robe.

  He stares me with green and bloodshot eyes,he smiles at me with a face marked in places with deep purple bruises and red cuts.His black hair,it somehow almost gleams.

  "Leave me alone,"I command as I walk past him.I feel him turn towards me as a table slides in front of the double doors I'm trying to exit through.

  I whirl around to face him.The ghostly boy says the words, "The drunk girl speaks once more!"

  "I'm not at the moment,for your information.Can anyone else see you?"

  "If I want them to,yes."

  "Good,now get out of my head please."

  "Sally,Sally,Sally.What's it been, years of haunting you now?I may be a seven-year-old for all eternity,but I'll haunt you for much longer."

  I feel a bit of regret after I give a retort to him by saying, "Edwin Heath,don't make me run you over again."

  For the first time in a while,he seems to be the slightest bit offended by one of my insults.A knife behind the ghostly Edwin floats into the air all by itself,and flies towards me.It just misses my ear as I succeed in dodging it.

  With an almost sad look,he glares down at the floor.

  "Take that back,"he says.The fingernails on his right hand grow into small,icy needles.He shuffles forward,and looks up with his green eyes to glare at me.

  The room starts to become colder.

  "Stop that,"I say.

  "Apologize."

  "Stop lowering the temperature."

  "Apologize!"

  I turn and start trying to push the table out of the way.It won't budge.

  "APOLOGIZE!"

  "I'm sorry!"

  I turn around to find that Edwin's nails have shrunk back to normal fingernails.The warmth of the room begins to return.

  "There we go,"says Edwin."The two magic words I needed.I'll be around and close,always."

  Edwin fades away,and the table moves away from the double doors.The doors open and I immediately dash out into the hallway.

  I'll see him again,I think.He doesn't ever disappear for long.I'll see him real soon...

This Part Of The Story Is Told Through The Perspective Of:Louis

  "So!"I exclaim on deck of The Maiden as the ship nears Great Britain."Who's up with me on this venture?"

  Though the stars twinkle around us,our ship,and most of Earth's solar system,a great number of supernovas,the remains of dead stars,surround most of Earth's outer atmosphere.

  K'vellia's hand shoots up into the air as we near Britain.

  "What makes you want to come along on this adventure K'vellia?"I ask.

  "Necrodetus appeared once before there in Britain.I have a hunch that he'll be there yet again."

  "Alrighty then!Anyone else up?!"

  Sally,Tor,and Valdris raise their hands.

  No well else but those?!JEEEZUSS!

  "Alrighty-roo,"I cheer."Britain...here we come...!"

This Part Of The Story Is Told Through The Perspective Of:Sally

  The ship hovers just a few feet above the ground in an alleyway of the Whitechapel district of London as Octavian contracts the ladder for us.Louis,K'vellia,Tor,Valdris,and myself set foot in Whitechapel seconds after the ladder is contracted.

  And as the ladder retracts back into place.We look around.The street is somewhat filled with other humans traveling about.Cafes,cozy as can be,are filled with people and sweet smelling food, fine teas,and coffee,my favorite!With Britain being on the brink of Winter,I don't see why the cafes wouldn't be packed with people.

  "Well,"I say."To whichever palace the Queen currently resides in?"

  "Yep,"replies Louis."To Buckingham Palace!"

  The rest of the Knights are lead off towards the palace by Louis,as always.I trail along behind them.

  Suddenly,I feel a hand grab me from behind,and I feel it heave me onto the ground in a nearby alleyway.

  In this dark and lonely alley,I see a tall man in street clothes,he holds a gun inches from my face.

  "Hand what you got miss."

  I chuckle a bit, "Or what, you're gonna blow my head to bits?"

  "Yes miss,indeed I will.Now I suggest you hand over the money-"

  He suddenly stops speaking.

  I notice that five drops of blood are flowing from his stomach.I also notice the sharps ends of five small points that have seemed to puncture through him from behind.

  The five small sharp points are suddenly withdrawn from the man by someone behind him.

  The man,now dead,falls to the ground.And it's revealed to me who was standing behind him.

  Edwin Heath.

  Edwin holds up his right hand,his icicle nails are gleaming with the dead man's blood.As he his icicles shrink back to normal,he hastily dries his hand on his robe,staining his gown and hands with even more with his blood,or more rarely,the blood of others.

  "Run along to your friends,"he teases.

  "Piss off,"I respond.With that said,I run off to catch up to the group...

Next Chapter:Another Trip To Britain:Part 2