Chapter Two: The Kids From T.E.E.N. T.I.T.A.N.S.

Cyborg tossed over yet another rubbish bin looking for any sign of Mod's hideout and Beast Boy (now disguised as a bloodhound) gave the ground a sniff. He then turned back into his regular form and shook his head.

"This is crazy, man!" spat Cyborg, "We're never gonna find that British guy."

Robin appeared on his com. "Any luck?"

"There's no sign of Mad Mod anywhere! I'm beginnin' to think those rumours were just rumours."

"We can't be sure of that until we've searched everywhere."

"Mad Mod has advanced holographic technology," interjected Raven, "It is possible he could be using it to hide his location."

"Raven could be right," agreed Robin, "We need to think outside of the box if we're to find Mad Mod."

"If Mod's so good with holograms, then why did he get spotted? This rumour is startin' to look as fishy as Aqualad's wetsuit!"

"I don't know. We won't find out until we've finished looking."

"I've had enough of this wild goose chase. I said earlier I might quit the team. Maybe that time is now!"

"Don't even go there, Cyborg. The future of half the planet could be at stake unless we all play our part. You are going to stick with this team and follow my orders until Mad Mod is caught and imprisoned and only once this mission is completed can you even think about going your own way. Is that clear?"

Cyborg went red with rage and was about to give an explosive reply when Beast Boy put a calming hand on his shoulder. "Chill out, dude! You're getting real overblown about this whole business."

Raven spoke up. "I never thought I'd hear myself say this, but Beast Boy's right. You can't let the argument you had with Robin earlier get in the way of our mission. The most important thing now is that we put a stop to Mad Mod's plan-"

All of a sudden, she became aware that in the corner of her eye, something had moved. The heads of all three teens swivelled, catching sight of a figure lurking in the shadows of the alleyway.

"Who's there?" called Beast Boy uneasily.

"Guys? Is there something wrong...?" came Robin's voice through the communicator.

The figure stepped forward into the light, cane first, revealing himself to be a tall skinny man with a red mop top wearing a pair of blue-tinted glasses and a smart black Beatles-style suit – none other than the infamous Mad Mod.

"'Allo my duckies!" Mod flashed his signature crooked smile. "Fancy seeing you lot 'ere! If I didn't know better, I would think you were tryin' to spy on me." His face turned sinister. "And I know what I'd do to you snotty brats if that were the case. I'd 'ang you lot over a pool of sharks, like the villains in them spy movies do." A look of enlightenment came across his face. "Wait a blimmin' minute! Didn't I 'ear you say somethin' about puttin' a stop to me latest plan? I 'ave a feeling you lot really are tryin' to spy on me and you know what I do to them kids 'oo spy on ol' Mad Mod..." He drew closer to them, raising his cane, looking more threatening than ever before.

The Titans shrunk to the size of cowering chibis as Mod's looming shadow engulfed them.

...

Meanwhile in another alleyway, the screen on Robin's communicator turned to static.

"Cyborg, do you read me! Come in! Cyborg?" He turned to Starfire. "We've lost them!"

"Robin, do you think that was really the Mad Mod?" asked Starfire concernedly.