RM《Converse High》

You groan in frustration as your parents keep pestering you to get ready for a blind date. You didn't want this but it's their wish, so you have no choice.

"Honey, get ready quick. You have to be there in 20 minutes!" Your mom yelled from downstairs.

In the meanwhile, you were having a tough time picking an outfit.

"Should I wear something classy? Nah, it will show that I'm into this thing. I shall just wear comfortable clothes. Who cares about this stupid date thingy?" You muttered to yourself, grabbing a simple outfit.

You try your best to stall time so that you don't have to meet a stranger

You try your best to stall time so that you don't have to meet a stranger. However, your mom spoiled your marvellous plan.

"Oh my gosh! What are you wearing? This is a date! You're supposed to wear something nice, not this! Ugh whatever, you're late. C'mon!" Your mom nagged and pulled your arm.

"Mom, do I really have to go? I mean, it's useless!" You whined, hoping to earn some sympathy from her.

"No, you have to go. Your dad is waiting outside in the car. Go." She pushed you out of the door.

You rolled your eyes, knowing it's pointless arguing back.

"Great, now I have to meet another stranger."

--------------------

"First impression is important. Remember that." Your dad informed you one last time before you get out of the car.

"Yeah yeah. Geez, I don't get what's the point of this." You leave and enter a restaurant.

A waiter escorted you to the designated table, as instructed by your father. You notice a good looking guy sitting at the corner seat.

"He must be it." You thought.

The moment you're a few steps away from the table, the guy lift his head. He immediately get up from his seat and take a small bow at you and you did the same.

"Are you y/f/n?" He asked.

You nod simply and sat down.

"My name is Kim Nam Joon. Call me Nam Joon will do." He has cute dimples.

"Just call me y/n." You smile a little.

"To be honest, I don't know if you're feeling the same way but don't you think that this "meeting" is unnecessary? I mean, why must our parents do this?" NamJoon commented out of nowhere.

"Same! You're the first person who mentioned this! Omg I'm happy that you feel the same." To your relief, NamJoon is on your side.

"We're on the same boat then. Should we go somewhere else instead of being stuck in this fancy place?" He suggested.

"Yeah sure!" You cheer silently.

You've never noticed his attire until he stands away from the table. He's wearing casually like you, a shirt with jeans.

"Wow, you're wearing simple clothes too! You're wearing a Converse shoe too?" You feel comfortable around him by the minute.

"Same minds think alike!" NamJoon gave you a high five.

---------------------

"Do you mind having McDonalds?" NamJoon pointed at the store that is a few steps away.

"Nope. It's better anyways." You follow him around.

You're glad that he's easy going and flexible with anything. He has a comfortable vibe around him. You're starting to grow some feelings for him, which is rare. He's the type of guy you are looking for. You wonder if he feels the same about you, which might not happen.

After eating McDonalds, you both went for some icecream.

"What would you like? I'll treat." NamJoon glance through all the icecream flavours.

"It's okay, I'll treat." You feel bad for letting a stranger treat you.

"How can a gentleman let a lady treat on a date? C'mon, tell me." He winked.

"A date? Does he.... No way!"

"Umm, I will have cookies and cream. Thank you." You squeaked, getting all flushed up.

You cover your cheeks in case they are really red. You wouldn't want him to see you blushing.

The two of you settle down at a table closer to the windows. This day pass by so quickly, eating icecream, going to an aquarium, watching a movie and it's time to head home. NamJoon insisted to walk you home since it's dark already.

"Did I tell you that I love girls who wear Converse shoes?" He broke the silence.

"What?" You look at him in confusion.

"I'm not sure if you're feeling the same way as me, but I like you." NamJoon gathered all his courage to propose.

"Really? I thought you wouldn't like me." Your face lit up.

"Who wouldn't like a cute and nice girl like you? I definitely do not wish to miss this opportunity. How about we meet more often and go on dates?" NamJoon hold you hand gently.

"Yeah, sure. I would love to." You blush so hard, hoping that it's too dark for him to notice.

"Great! I'll call you tonight." He smirked and give a light peck on the back of your hand.

Your heart continues to heat faster as you nod and enter your house. Getting past your parents as fast as possible, you plop onto the bed after taking a quick shower. You stare at your phone, anticipating his call.

Just then, your phone ringed.

It's him.

Of course, you calmed yourself down before answering the call.

This is the start of your love relationship with someone who loves Converse.