'Five Days'- An Arhi short story

Hey there, I am a new comer to wattpad, and I am quite nervous. This is my first time publishing my work in another forum. The story below was written last year, while I was struggling with writers block. Wrote it in two days, and I posted it on another forum. I thought, perhaps I should publish this one first because I completed it properly. Probably a bit cheesy, but I would love to know what you guys think..  

 Chapter 1 : Electric Fuse 

I sat myself down beside her leaning against the white washed walls. She did not shift nor did she turn to look at me. Cold silence settled between us as I took in her haunting appearance. Mop of her grey hair sat on her head, whilst her dark eye circles stood out, contrasting against her pale skin. 'I am sorry,' I whispered.' Her gaze still fixed on the opposite wall, I heard her broken voice speak out to me. 'It isn't your fault.' Reaching out I held her hands in my own. 'Eighteen was supposed to be the break through, not the end.' My voice quivered as I inhaled the oxygen to speak with strength. 'I wasn't even given a chance.'

'None of us were given a chance. We were built on broken dreams.'

'Mom-,'

'Enough Khushi. We better get home before it gets colder.' Abruptly she stood up from the bench. 'Are you coming?', she asked coldly. 'No I will stay here for  a bit.' Weakly I replied back aching from the tone of her voice. Giving me a one last nod she walked off without a single glance my way.

Once her figure disappeared out of my sight I collapsed against the wall. My eyes shut from exhaustion. Memories began to replay within the closed doors of my sight and I remembered.

'Mom it's nothing. Please stop worrying so much,' I stated once more in an annoyed tone, even though deep down fear was beginning to make its way in to the pit of my gut.

'Khushi this isn't a joke! You know what happened to your father. Please honey you have to get this checked. This has been happening for year hasn't it?'

Avoiding my mother's eyes I walked over to the kitchen to make myself some coffee. 'No.. it's just been a couple of months,' I responded quietly. That was a completely lie. Somehow I knew, she knew the lies I was brewing to run away from the true horrors of this ordeal.  She walked over and stood behind me. 'Khushi,' her broken voice whispered, 'he did the same thing you know. Denied it for years until this got worse. Please get this checked. Please. Don't make me go through this again because I won't be able to bear it.'

Hesitantly I turned around to face her. Tears were already cascading down her pale face shattering my heart in to pieces. Flinging myself in to her arms I began to cry along with her. 'I am scared mom.'

She wrapped her arms around me tight. 'Let's be scared together and not alone.' Pulling myself from her I looked at her. 'Together,' I whispered the promise we both knew will be the most difficult phase of our lives.

***

 He did not need no words to proclaim the news I already knew. The sheer pity in his eyes gave me the answer. For a minute I felt my entire body fade in to a wide black hole. Sucking me in to a state of deep sorrow whilst absorbing every ounce of energy I had stored inside of me.

'Isn't there anythin-', I heard my mother ask desperately. He cut her off, 'I am sorry Miss. Thorn. There is nothing we can do anymore since the tumor has gotten too large. If we try to operate now she'd die on the spot. So it's best...,' his voice faltered for a bit, 'it's best if she lives these days while she can.'

'How many days do I have?' I heard myself quietly ask.

'Five, you have five days.'