Chapter 1

New story! Starting to get back into the swing of things and thought why not start a new story. This one is going to be a little different from my usual stories. It's more just a regular high school atmosphere with some twists but not much action. It will get a llittle dark but more towards the end. Also, sorry for the boring  chapter. First few chapters will be more introductions before we get more into it. Hope you enjoy!

            New house. New town. New school.

            We’re moving again. To another town in the middle of nowhere. This is the fifth place we moved in the past year. I try to make friends and the next day we move again. It’s a bit lonely but I won’t let that stop me. I deserve to be happy. I won’t let it get me down. So I’ll keep trying to make friends and enjoy life. Because that’s all I can do.

                                                            >()<>()<>()<>()<>()<

            The house looks rundown. You can tell that we got it for a cheap price. But I’m not going to complain. I’ve had worse. Much worse. I turn to see my mother lifting some boxes out of the car. I help her unloaded the little amount of stuff that we own. We’re starting over. We have to start from scratch. Again.

            I put the boxes in the small living room. It’s the perfect size house for two people. Once all the boxes are on the floor, I explore the house a little. The kitchen is small and there’s only one bathroom but we can manage. I’ll get a twin size bed but I can’t complain. I used to have all kinds of nice stuff but after all the moves, I slowly lost everything. Almost everything. I still had what I really valued most. That’s all that matters.

            The rest of the day my mother and I unpack everything and plan to go furniture shopping tomorrow. We order pizza and decide to go grocery shopping tomorrow too. We decide to set up a blow up mattress in the living room and share it. I stare up at the ceiling and let my thoughts wander. It’s a new start.

 >()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<

            I woke up to knocking on our front door. My mother was answering it just as I was getting up. I hear voices and decide to check it out. I make sure my hair isn’t everywhere before looking out into the hallway where the front door is. My mother is talking to a couple with a little boy next to them. The boy notices me first. I wave at him and give him a big smile. He smiles bashfully and looks down. My grin widens and I walk up to the family.

            “Ah there she is.” My mother says. She points to me and then the family. “Karen this is Mr. And Mrs. Johnson and their son Joshua.”

            “Nice to meet you. Excuse my appearance. I just woke up.” I shake both their hands and put Joshua on the head. He swats me away and pouts while I smile.

            “Please, call us Jack and Andrea. And honey, if that’s how you look just waking up, I can’t image how more beautiful you will look when you’re trying.” Mrs. Johnson winks.

            My face becomes red and I mumble a thanks. My mother laughs at me while patting my head. I swat her hand away and pout just like Joshua. Everyone laughs, including Joshua.

            “Anyways, thank you for stopping by. It’s great to see the neighbors are so friendly.” My mother says.

            “Well not everyone. You have to be careful of Miss Trost. She loves to gossip and if you get on her bad side, she’ll spread all kinds of rumors. Since this is a small town, news spreads fast.” Andrea says.