prologue

It was the winter of "77" when Janet first moved to Gasquet California. She had no friends or family there so she was feeling lost and alone. She soon got her first job at the local fishery. It was nasty and smelly, but the money was good so she stuck with it. It was about two months later when she met a wonderful young man named Nathen. They hit it off from the start. It was like they were the only two people on the planet. They were so happy they got married that summer, and nine months later there I was. I had an amazing childhood. Every summer we would go on vacation. Usually we would go to some kind of theme park, or go camping an the beach. We all loved the water. At home we were always in the pool. Everything was wonderful. My parents were always so happy. They were always smiling, holding hands, happy, and so in love. And they loved me to. I never saw them fight, they never yelled at me or each other. Even when I was a pain in the butt and really deserved it they never spanked me or hit me in any way.

But then one day the fairy tale ended and my world fell apart. When my father died it nearly destroyed my mother. I knew her heart was broken, but it was as if her soul was gone as well. Now we were never rich, far from it. But we were comfortable. But when my father died it was as if all of our money vanished. My mother got a job for the first time in sixteen years. And to help I got my first job as well. Even with both of us working we still lost thebeautiful house I grew up in. The new house was great but since nothing of my father was there I started to feel lost and alone. At first my mother was sympathetic and supportive. Even willing to help me. But she got far to used to the life style she had with my father and it felt to me like she started to resent and hate me.

  Then one day she started to become happy again. I thought maybe she found a new friend. I was glad she was happy again. What I didn't know was her happiness would come at my expense.

  Two weeks later I met Steven. He seemed to be nice and sweet. We talked about everything. He was sympathetic and caring, or so I thought. Buy when my 17th birthday came around everything started changing, and I learned the truth about everything. And this or where our story starts...