On the Run Month Five and Six

So I found out there is a small camp ground hidden inside the redwood forest that runs between Crescent City and Gasquet. I have always loved that forest.I have always felt drawn to those woods so I decided that's where I would go.

     The spot I chose was perfect. The little clearing I was in was right next to the river. The whole area was ringed by trees.  You could see the road but they couldn't see you. I even had the perfect view of a mountain road I could watch without drawing attention to myself. In the clearing itself there was a small stand of trees off to the side that I was able to hide the van behind while the area where I set up the tent was ringed by tall bushes. Its like the forest created the perfect hiding place for me. There was even a small fire pit over by the van that you couldn't see unless you went and looked for it. The best part was the picnic table over by the water. I could sit there for hours watching the water. I got a fishing license so I can't get into trouble there. Everything just seemed to fall into place. I felt safe and happy for the first time in a long time.

    The first night there I heard from Sara again. She tells me once again about my sexy stranger. He showed up at the beach and talked to her for a while. She gave him the basics of what was going on. He wanted to come to my rescue but since she didn't know where I was she couldn't tell him. I was both happy and sad by this news. I asked how she was, where they still following her, what about the guy who was hitting on her. She said yes nothing had changed, and he stopped coming around month before last. Once again I apologize for getting her involved, told her I was sorry my mother was crazy. That made her laugh, she told me to relax she was glad to help keep me safe from crazies like them. She told me that my mother had gotten desperate she had gone so far as making a have you seen my daughter page on Facebook. I was shocked she really must be desperate. After a few more minutes we hung up and I settled in for the night. Now that is May it is starting to get warm so I decided to get into the water. It was so nice I stayed there till it go dark enough I had to grab a flashlight. Then I climbed in the tent.

    I couldn't help but notice how peaceful it is here. I am more relaxed here than anywhere else. I decided I want to stay here forever. There is plenty of room to hide if I have to change spots. The water is close by and that's great. The whole place is just so calming. I could live here forever. I mean sure the lack of people would get old, but at this point who care. I love it here that much.

     Two week after I got there I had to go for supplies. It was 5:00 a.m and I went to Target. I figured I have never been here so no one should be watching this store. Everything was going fine when I walked in. I got everything I needed and was on my way out, but then I stopped dead in my tracks. It was him, my sexy stranger. I couldn't believe it. The first thing I did was smile. And it got even bigger when he came over to me. The first thing I did was say hi and thanked him for the card. And that started the greatest conversation in the world even if it was a short one.

     "Hi, my name is Marcus."" Hi, my name is Megan."" Nice to meet you. I have missed you at the beach.""I know I have missed it to."" Why haven't you been around."" Its a long story but the gist of it is my mother lost her mind and sold me for like half a million dollars because I am different."" Are you serious, that's crazy."" What on earth do they want that they would pay that kind of money."" They want my child."" What no way, you can't be serious."" Yes I am."" I guess I am a lot like my father, and that's what they want from me."" I don't understand."" Trust me neither do I."" So what your hiding out till they give up this crazy idea?"" Yes that's the plan anyway. I have never had a problem living off the land as long as I have a river I can swim in I am good to go. Besides I have now found the most perfect place in the redwoods you have ever seen."" Wow so how long have you been at this?" Do you really think they are still looking?"

     And with those questions it was like he conjored them up. I looked to my right saw them pull into the parking lot. My face drained of color. Marcus looked at me then looked at that car and opened my door.

     "Get out of here, I will find you again."" But I never go to the same place twice. How?"" Don't worry I will."

     With that he kissed me, closed my door, and ran toward the car as I drove away.

     I was both happy and sad as I drove away. Happy because he kissed me, something I had been thinking about for a while now. And sad... No pissed that they showed up and ruined my time with him. We were doing so well, how will he ever find me again?

     I got back to my camp site get the car into its place. Then I just sit there so mad that I start to cry. I give myself fifteen minutes to cry. After that I find my center, calm down and put away everything I bought.

     I spent the rest of the day watching the road hoping I would see him coming down the road.

     After that incident I had a quiet month. I went for supplies again in June. I wanted to go to the beach and maybe see him, but I knew it wasn't safe to. At moments like this I really hated my mother. I was also sad because I missed Marcus. Deep down I knew I would probably never see him again but I still hoped. When I got home I spent the rest of the day in the river..

     I did notice for the first time since I came here a truck go up the mountain road. I don't know why it interested me So much but it did. Maybe it was the color of the truck that caught my attention. It was a sparkly purple. And I love purple.

     I finished out June by watching that truck go up the mountain road. Seventeen times. I know for most people that would be dull but I liked the truck. I also noticed a pattern. It goes up the mountain three times a week. Always at the same time. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 1:30 p.m.

     June 30th I heard from Sara. Nothing changed on her end. Mother was still hounding her. She had only seen my sexy stranger once, and he stopped by to tell her he would take care of things. That's when I told her all about the day we met. And the kiss. She got as excited as I did and just like me she wanted to know how he could find me. We talked for a while longer and she had to get to bed. And so did I.