Last Words ~ Jp (Soulmate AU)

"[Y/N]!" Jp yell as he tripped over a step while running downstairs to where you're watching YouTube. "Wanna go play some Pokémon Go with me?"

You giggle at how much of a dork he is. "Nah, I'm fine. Also, stairs exist."

He pretends to be shocked. "Oh my god, I didn't know that!"

You giggle again. "Just go play your game, you dork."

"Okay!"

You return your attention to the video as he leaves. Jp has always been like an older brother to you. When your parents died when you were younger, Jp's family took you under their wing. You drew closest to Jp, who was only a year older than you and had similar interests. You were there when he started his YouTube journey, and you were the first person he knew in real life to meet his online friends.

When Jp moved out of his parents' house, you were right there with him. You two had an inseparable bond that extended even to living together. People have always asked if you were dating the male, but you always said no, because he felt like a brother to you, but lately, you've been questioning whether you actually like him or not.

Suddenly, your phone starts ringing. Looking at the screen, you see Jp's contact (fittingly named "pineapple dork") and quickly answer it with, "Hey, what's up, Jp?"

"[Y/N]...I-I'm hurt badly."

Your alert mode kicks in. "What happened?! Where are you?!"

"Some jackass ran his car into mine. I-I'm right by the park."

Hearing him swear let you know that this situation was dire. "I'm coming right away."

You didn't let him answer before hanging up, hurrying to put on your shoes and get out to your car. You probably went over the speed limit, but you were more concerned about Jp than road laws.

Arriving to the scene, your eyes widen at the sight of emergency vehicles and a car smashed into the driver's side of Jp's car. Stopping your car, you jump out and look for Jp, finding him laying on a stretcher, badly hurt and scratched up. With tears running down your face, you run to him - despite police trying to stop you - and grab his hand.

"Jp, oh my-y god!" you cry out.

"I know, [Y/N]," he says in a much calmer way than your panicking.

"D-do you know-w if y-you're gonna be-e okay?"

"I-I don't know."

Calling to the nearest paramedic, you cry out, "Please tell me he's gonna be okay!"

The paramedic gives you a grim look. "I wish I could tell you, miss, but the other car directly ran into the driver's side of his car."

Returning your attention to Jp, you break down, unable to say anything. Jp, in those moments, gives you a kiss, surprising you, and says "Just remember, [Y/N], that I love you."

You finally figure out your feelings for him - you do like him. He's not a brother to you anymore. He's the one that you love. Without a second thought, you cry out, "I love you too!"

He doesn't say anything else. The paramedic from earlier pulls you away from him, having noticed something strange - he didn't move anymore. He gives you a sad look, and you know that he's gone.

Suddenly, words form on your skin. They're his last words. You break down even more, knowing that he was the one, but now, it's too late.

He's gone forever.

~~~~~

A/N

I'M SORRY, I HATE MYSELF NOW ADKSJGALDFKGJLHKGHGF

Writing prompt:

~ Kat