Ghost Princess ~ Seven

"Rise for the Crown Princess!"

The leaders of some villages and towns in Inverno rose along with the Quin who was already there. Apparently she was holding a book just in case something would happen in the meeting on how they're going to make the Selene Moon Festival more extravagant than the last one which was held three years ago.

The book is mostly where the laws are but it's only a copy of the actual one since the Palace Guards only let the King of the Kingdom to take the actual book out of its case.

"Hello" Selena said coldly before plopping down onto her seat. The rest of the people also sat down once they were sure that the Crown Princess sat. Except for one.

Selena smirked and flicked her hand before shouting,

"Why did you lowly ones sit? Did I sent you a permission to even let you?!"

"Crown Princess, please calm down." One of the Leaders of the small towns said. He isn't afraid of this Princess, in fact, he doesn't even have any respect for their Crown Princess.

"Quin!" With a snap of a finger, Quin appeared with a thick and rusty book in her hold.

She coughed before speaking, "Imperial Rule number thirty-eight and thirty-nine, under the Crown Princess Policies and Rules. Anyone who has a lower status than the Crown Princess will have to obey her orders wether the victim is young or old it does not matter. Those who disrespects the Crown Princess will be either beheaded or be banish into the Cold Village if the Crown Princess says so."

At this, some officials and town or village leaders were baffled at how their Crown Princess countered their disobedience to her. Most of the time the Princess would just stare blankly at them and would either fight and bark at them before she was even crowned as the Crown Princess.

Rumours flew around the Palace saying that the Princess have gone utterly mad after the incident between her and the neighbouring Prince of Elias. Apparently, the rumour stated that the Princess drugged the King into believing that she deserves better than just being a Princess.

But others thought that was preposterous since no one can ever let the King eat or drink his food first before bringing it up to him. The taste testing servants were always aware of the dangers of eating the food that the Palace chefs cooks, but they were ready to give up their lives to protect their King. Protecting and saving the life their King means that they were ready to become a hero in the shadows..

"Since I have taught you the basic rules on how you should treat your Crown Princess, you may all retire from your post and pass it to someone hmm...let's see....more respectful and obedient." Selena smiled innocently before staring at the one person who stood the whole time. And the only person who escaped his humiliation and demise.

"Ah, your name is Leo right?" Selena asked and told one of her maids to pour tea for her and Sir Leonard. The rest were already dragged outside of the meeting room as they have been decreed to strip off their titles and pass it down to someone worthy enough to be in their place.

"Yes Princess.." the dark haired boy still stood and waited for the higher up's orders since he is just a small village leader in the Kingdom of Inverno. He can't go against her. He's too weak.

"Alright, you may sit Sir Leonard." Selena smiled at the boy. Something about him just made Selena feel warm and humorous. Just like when she met Quin for the first time, she felt something odd inside Quin like some kind mysterious book type of aura she has. It's also the same with Crown Prince Richard, but instead of feeling hate and despise from him, Selena felt love and a fuzzy and warm feeling. Is this what you call a girl falling head over heels? But then again, that would be totally...incest honestly.

Selena chatted with Leonard about the festival and how they're going to improve everything from start to finish. Both were finally comfortable with each other and talked casually like old high school friends that met up after college ended. Some tea here, sugar cubes there and some more cookies and sugary delights everywhere.

The two enjoyed each other's company before Quin said something about Sir Leonard having to go back to his Inn. Selena frowned at first before thinking a good idea.

"Would you like to stay in my palace area Sir Leonard?"

~~
Dear book,

Today was..Well..fun and enjoyable. The most enjoyable time I've had ever since I came here. I don't know why but after a few chit chats with Leonard, we instantly felt a click and both of us were already friends before we knew it.

It's weird since I also felt that when I met Quin. And it also happened when I met Crown Prince Richard too, but instead of a click sound, I heard a shattering sound. Like those glasses that broke into tiny pieces when it lands on the ground.

I don't know why but I kinda want to hug Richard and kill him after that. Who knows, I probably have my period there...

Anyways, talking with Leonard about the Selene Moon Festival was fun. We decided to bring new kinds of stalls from different Kingdoms and wear a traditional Imvernian clothes like you do in some cultures like in Japan, you wear a Kimono or a Yukata in a festival and something like that.

The festival will be starting in four weeks time and I'm already giddy. This will be my first public event after I got here and I would live it through. Even if I meet some of the old owner's dreadful siblings, I will never let them dull my glitters.

GLITTERS!

Anyways, see you soon my book of secrets.

~~

Selena closed her book and stared at it before going to sleep. She'll be very busy preparing everything for the Selene Moon Festival and probably won't have any time for writing something in her book. At her last thoughts, the Princess fell asleep not noticing two small sparkles flying through her slightly opened window and stopping on top of the crimson coloured book.

"Egaugnal dercas rou etirw nac ehs?"