Chapter 1- It's a Pigsty

"Leave him alone!"

With thundering footsteps, Subin rushed to the shorter boy's side with a threatening glare. She waved her bag about as she tried to swat the pair of taller boys who were preying on her friend.

"I said, 'leave him alone'!" she shouted once more, her voice shrill and raucous. "Are you guys deaf?"

The pair of taller boys sniggered at her as they backed away from the shorter boy who was covering his head with his bag.

"Look, it's the bin girl!" one of them taunted as he pointed at Subin. He smirked as he leered at the shorter boy who ran and cowered behind her. "You're lucky you got a tough girlfriend, though no one knows why she'd ever want to stick with a pathetic wimp like you."

"Yeah," the other boy agreed. "But I guess it's a match made in heaven: bin girl and Junkpoop!"

Subin narrowed her eyes at them both. "He's not my boyfriend," she said through gritted teeth. "And if I catch you picking on him again I'll—" Subin approached the pair who started backing away.

"Chill!" one of the boys said. "Geez, you're like friggin' Amazon woman."

"Yeah," the other boy agreed once more. "We were just having fun—"

"You call that fun?" she retorted. "Get outta here before I get my brother on you!"

Upon hearing those words, the pair started slinking away but not before addressing the short boy who was using Subin as a shield. "This ain't over. We'll be back for you tomorrow, Junkpoop."

The other boy snickered, "Yeah, Junkpoop!"

Subin had a threatening stance which made the dumber of the pair jolt. When they were finally out of sight, Subin turned to Jungkook who looked like he was about to burst into tears.

"Thanks, Subin-noona," he said to her meekly in Korean. He pushed his round glasses further up his nose bridge as they started slipping down.

Subin sighed. "I've told you before, don't call me that."

He looked taken aback. "I'm sorry, Subin," he apologised once more. His brows furrowed as he tried to mentally remind himself time and time again how Subin hated being referred to as 'noona'.

"When are you ever going to learn to defend yourself, Jun?" she asked as she gestured for both of them to start making their way to the parking lot. "It's been three months since you transferred to our school and you still haven't made any friends in your class."

Jungkook stared at her timidly. "I'm sorry..." he replied in Korean again.

This irritated Subin. "Jun, you can't keep speaking in Korean. You're in London now. You have to try and speak in English if you want to adjust faster."