5

A/N: Probably ain't gonna be able to keep updating everyday like this but lol here y'all go

Yazmine

I wasn't going to go. But after I got home to the still empty apartment, and put all the groceries away, I started having a What Would Amari Do Moment. Amari, wouldn't be a lame like me and start a new Netflix series. Amari would go link with Cody's fine ass.

So after leaving the message from Cody in my inbox for some hours, I decided to reply.

Sure. When & where

Too scared to wait on his reply I turned my phone on Do Not Disturb and started going through my closet. Earlier, I had neatly unpacked my clothes and put them in there. Now, everything I owned in terms of clothes was either on my bed or on the floor. And nothing was worthy of linking up with Cody.

Disgusted, I glanced at my phone. Cody had texted me back.

Girl lol you tryna play with my emotions? I texted you hours ago lunch is over now. But dinner, I'm a take you to this place I know. You got 30 minutes

Thirty minutes! I wanted to cry. I couldn't even do my make up if I actually did make up in that time.

Okay dinner it is

Before I could have a meltdown, I heard keys in the lock. I rushed to meet Amari at the door.

"Finally! Yo ass was gone long enough! What kind of dick appointment lasts that long? It's 5 pm girl!"

She smirked. "Let's just say I had a long appointment."

I sucked my teeth. "Nasty ass." I followed her into her bedroom and sat down in her messy bed.

"Girl Trey put it down, I had to get some more of that," she said dancing. I took in her attire. Instead of the dress she left in yesterday, well last night, she had on a huge t shirt.

"Whatever. I need your help. A fine ass man DMed me last night and-"

"Thank you Lord!" Amari said jumping up and down.

"Stop being so dramatic," I laughed. "Anywho, we messaged back and forth or whatever and he wants to link. He goes to Unity," I said handing her my phone. It was opened to Cody's Instagram page. "He's a friend of Trey's," I added feeling nervous.

"He's fine as fuck, go head Yaz!" She cheesed at me. "I'm proud of you."

"Okay, I need something to wear. But nothing that looks like I'm trying too hard because I just want to be friends. But like I want to look cute still. And maybe a little bit smashable. I don't knowww,"
I sighed.

"I gotchu best friend. Step into my office," she joked sliding open her closet. In no time she had an outfit put together for me. Since I had showered after deciding to go with Cody I just had to slip it on.

I pulled on the Fashion Nova jeans that hugged curves I didn't even know I had. My ass looked goodt! My top was an off the shoulder burgundy crop that stopped just above my navel, flashing a little skin. I left my braids out and they spilled down my back. I allowed Amari to do a very light makeup look on me, which meant brows, lashes, and lip gloss and a hint of foundation.

Looking in the mirror, I almost saw whatever it was Cody saw that made him DM me. Then Amari joined me in the mirror and I started feeling less than all over again. She was just so perfect looking and I was...I was just there.

"Maybe I shouldn't do this," I said grabbing my phone. "I'll just tell Cody I'm sick or something."

"Oh no baby, what is you doing?" Before I could send a text Amari snatched my phone out of my hand. "You can't cancel anyways he's calling you."