Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Author's Note: Hey Salam guys, this is my second story, I'm not that great of a writer, but I have amazing ideas. This is a very short story with very short chapters. I just get a random idea, and I rush to get it on paper, so I don't spend too much time on it, that's why it's short. Please do read, comment, and vote :)

"Just sign here, and by the grace of Allah, you will be married." The Imam says while pointing to the bottom of the Nikkah contract. I sign my name next to his, and now we are officially husband and wife.

I was not getting an arranged marriage, nor a love marriage. Musa Ali and I have known each other since middle school. I wouldn't say we were exactly friends at the moment, we were friends until we graduated high school, but we weren't close enough to continue the friendship throughout college. However, we only decided to get married because we both had a strong desire to start a family. For the longest time, we loved babies, and we always talked about starting a family, but not together. Starting a family together was never the plan, but we shared the same desire. I was the only one who knew about this, because when we were in school, he was one of the popular kids, and people would have teased him for being obsessed with babies.

After my college graduation, he texted me and asked how I was doing after graduation. He turned 21 a few weeks after graduation, while I was still 20. Yes, we graduated pretty young, that's because we had our Associate's Degree completed while we were still in high school. After making small talk, he told me that he was ready to start a family.

Musa: Salma, I think I'm ready to start a family

Me: Wow, that's great news! I'm so happy for you! Who's the girl, when are you getting married?

Musa: Yeah, um, about that. Listen... You're the only one who knows about this. I was uh... thinking if um... you could...

Me: You want me to find someone for you...?

Musa: No. I want it to be you.

And, that's how we decided. He went to my dad and asked for my hand, then my parents told me there was a proposal from Musa Ali, and I agreed, and here we are now. There are no feelings involved. If it happens, it'll happen, but we are only married for the sake of having kids. It's been my life long's dream to get pregnant and be a mother, and that's finally coming true.