24. Unexpected Attack

Maahi's pov:

We started our journey back to Mumbai. It's getting dark.

I said," I think we should stop at hotel for tonight. It's not safe to drive at night."

He said,"You are right." He checked something in his phone and said,"At 2km distance there is one hotel. It's not luxurious but I think it will be fine for a night."

I said,"Yeah It will do. Let's go. I am tired."

we reached hotel and Zaan parked the car. We are about to enter the hotel when we are surrounded by some people. I looked at him and recognised that they are the same goons who tired to assault me while we are coming to Bangalore. I got scared and hid behind Zaan. Zaan got hold of my hand.

One of the goon said,"Last time you guys escaped but this time you will not be that lucky. " He looked at Zaan and said,"Leave the girl to us and we will not hurt you."

Zaan said,"The girl you are talking about is my wife. I will choose to die but I will never let any harm come to her. "

Goon said,"Then first let's make your wish come true."

He tired hit Zaan but he got hold of his hand. Zaan told me to sit in car. I tired to go but Goons are not letting me to reach car. Zaan fighting them off and I am trying my best to reach car. I finally did and took my purse When one goon hit Zaan at head with bear bottle Zaan fell on ground. They started beating him and the head of the goon got hold of me.He throwed me on ground and I looked at Zaan who was lying unconsicious on ground. He came top of me and tired to kiss me but I kneed him where sun don't shine and ran towards my bag. I quickly took pepper spray which Zaan gave me incase I needed it. That time I didn't take him seriously but now I am really thankful. When that goon came to me I sprayed the spray in his eyes and he started shouting for water. did the same with others. I took the stick with which they beat Zaan and hit them with it when they are trying to look for water. They ran away. I quickly ran towards Zaan. Blood is flowing from his head. There is lot of blood. I don't know what to do. I tied my dupatta tightly to his head to stop the blood flow. I called ambulance. I am trying to wake him up but he is not coming into consicious.

Once they took him to hospital I called Maan bhai. He said he will be coming soon.

Zaan is undergoing surgery. This all is happening because of me. If I would not have insisted on having dinner at dhaba that day then this all would not have happened. Zaan would not have been in this condition.

Doctor came out after the surgery. He told me that Zaan is out of danger but he will be unconsicious due to the medicine effect. Next day early morning Maan bhai arrived. He told the doctor that he want to take Zaan to Mumbai. After few formalities We came back to Mumbai in bhai's private jet. I am scared of flying but for Zaan I can do anything. He is in this state because he was protecting me.

Once we reached home I can see that Maan bhai made all the arrangements of equipments, nurse and doctor. Zaan is shifted carefully to his room. Bhai told me that Ammi is not at home She went on Vacation with her friends and he didn't want me to tell this to Ammi. When I asked him Why? He answered me weirdly.

He said ,"She will be worried and blame you for this mishap. I don't want that. I don't want you and Zaan to go through which me and Jiya went through."

What did he mean by that?

It's been two days still Zaan is unconsicious. I miss him. I miss his pranks and his teasing. His sweet words and lovely actions. His cute expressions and awesome kisses. I miss everything about him.

I lied beside him carefully not hurting him. I miss you Zaan please wake up. I love you. This thought surprised me but I have to accept it I have tired my best to stop myself but I have fallen for Zaan deeply, totally and competely. I know he don't feel the same way about me but I love him with my whole heart. I doubt that I will ever say that loud. Some things are good to be left unsaid.