Makoto's Visit

She told him, Saiki was not expecting this.
Makoto was sitting in Saiki's living room staring at him with such rage that even Saiki knew not to speak.
But Makoto's thoughts were clear to him, using his telepathy he knows that Kokomi told her brother who she was in love with.
And now Makoto blames Saiki for her illness.
"what a pain" Saiki thought, moving through his living room to sit down across from the older man.
"what did you do to my Kokomi!?" he screams.
Saiki sighs and decides to play dumb, "what are you talking about?" he sends to Makoto telepathically while still wearing his usual bored expression.
"you know exactly what I am talking about!" he screams waving his arms in the air "you somehow tricked my sweet Kokomi into loving you! And because you do not love her back she is now vomiting flowers everyday and has thorns growing in her lungs!"
Luckily for Saiki his parents were out, which brought up the question of how Makoto got into his house, after a quick look into his mind Saiki concluded that he came in through the window.

"hey! Don't ignore me! What did you do?" makoto wines.
Seeing no other way out of the situation Saiki does the unthinkable.
He leaves the room, Makoto at his heels.
Saiki quickly goes upstairs with Makoto following him and still ranting about his sister.
He enters his room and quickly finds what he is looking for.
"get off your phone and listen to me!"
Makoto moans as Saiki Types out a message and presses send.

Soon after Makoto's phone rings out a love song making Saiki cringe.
But as soon as he picks up, only Kokomi screaming and Makoto apologising was heard.
Saiki waited patiently for the phone call to finish.

When the call ended Makoto looked sheepish, he ducked his head and muttered a quiet "I have to go", and quickly shuffled out of his bedroom.
Soon after Saiki heard the front door shut, then confirmed with his telepathy that the older man was heading back to the hospital.

Once Teruhashi finished yelling at her brother her throat was sore.
She felt embarrassed, when she told her brother it had been during one of her sessions of extreme pain.
She was screaming and begging to know why Saiki did not love her, why he was not with her comforting her through the pain.
And now Saiki knows, he knows what's wrong with her and he knows it is him she loves.
Kokomi just hopes that he did not feel guilty.

When Makoto got back, he apologised profusely.
But Kokomi smiled slightly and shook her head "it's okay, I'm not angry anymore. I just didn't want you to bother Saiki anymore"
She says in her rough voice.
"why do you love him? He seems so void of emotions. It's like he doesn't care about anything!" Makoto rants.
"I don't know, he treats me like how he treats everyone. He doesn't constantly complement my looks. It's hard to explain. It's like everyone treats me like a doll, something that dresses up and looks cute, but Saiki he sees me as a person" Kokomi struggles to explain.
As she spoke tears began to form in her eyes, and her smile turned sad.
Makoto began to panic "don't cry sis it's okay!"
Kokomi wiped her tears away "I just want to be with him. I sound so petty, I know, but I need him with me through this"

The next day while Makoto was at home, Saiki was in her room invisible and waiting until twenty four hours have passed.
"only 4 minutes left until twenty four hours have passed and 5 minutes until my invisibility runs out" Saiki thought standing in the corner of the room.
Kokomi was sitting up in the bed with her eyes red rimmed from crying, as the seconds ticked by he could see her slowly start to struggle with breathing.
It was a hard process to watch.
Saiki began to unconsciously walk closer to Kokomi.
He found himself wanting to be closer to her wanting to comfort her, but he quickly pushed those thoughts away.
Saiki quickly realised he went over the twenty four hour period by fourth five seconds and now only had fifteen second left on his invisibility, he needed to be fast.
Putting his hand in front of him palm down and fingers spread wide and eyes glowing, he watched as Kokomi stopped struggling to breath and relaxed.
Just when Saiki was about to teleport home, Kokomi looked him dead in the eyes shock clear on her face.
His invisibility had worn off, she can see him.
"Saiki?" she croaked out with her sore throat.
He walked over to the bed, and telepathy sent her a "yes?".
"you're here, for real?" she whimpered, as her eyes began to leak tears.
Saiki, in that moment felt like he could not lie to her so despite his better judgement he telepathicly answered "I'm here"
The smile on her face made Saiki glad he stayed.
"I'm sorry about my brother" she spoke as clear as she could while trying to sit up, but Saiki stopped her with a hand below her chest pushing her back down to the bed.
At Kokomi's confused look he sent her "you need your rest, get some sleep" telepathically.
To his surprise she listened to him, she curled up on her side facing him.
"can you stay with me until I fall asleep? I don't want to be alone" she begged looking at Saiki with big pleading eyes.
Saiki considered this and while he wanted to say no, all her thoughts were begging him to stay so he gave in.
He sat in the seat next to the bed.
Kokomi whispered a quiet " thank you" before drifting off to sleep.