five

"What?" Namjoon shot up from where he was sitting, in his older brother's office, when he heard that his parents wanted to marry him off. No—wanted is the wrong term—his parents are selling him off like some company property.

"Namjoon, calm down and listen to the rest of it." Jin told him as he began to pace back and forth, trying not to thrash his brother's office.

"Why me? Why can't you do it?" Namjoon replied furiously but sat down nonetheless.

Jin let out a sigh before answering, "I'm already engaged, remember?"

"I don't care. Tell them not to involve me in their fucking business plans." Namjoon cannot stop fidgeting. He stood up again, looking for something to vent his anger on.

"I've been in your situation but do you think I had a choice before? Do you honestly believe that you have a choice?" Jin looked him in the eye as he said this, making Namjoon even more angrier. "They're going to announce it tonight."

"Fuck this." Namjoon cursed. He gritted his teeth as he faced Jin. "I'm not getting married. I don't want to marry someone I don't even know."

"Just do what they want, Namjoon. After this, they'll get off your back. Trust me." Jin tried to talk him into it. He's been in his place and he, of all people, knows that it's hard for him accept all of this right now but they were born into this family.

💍

"So you're getting hitched?" Hoseok asked he made himself comfortable in the recliner. Him, Namjoon, Taehyung and Yoongi are all together in their shared penthouse. It's a property they bought just for the sake of having a place of themselves aside from their houses, somewhere they can goof around without being monitored.

"That sucks." Yoongi said as he poured his troubled friend another drink.

Namjoon downed the glass of whiskey so fast he didn't feel it against his throat. "I'm not getting married."

"Just marry the girl then divorce her after a few months." Taehyung shrugged his shoulders, "Problem solved."

"Dumbass. It's not that easy." Yoongi told the younger one. "I know everything about divorce. My parents are the very icons of divorce. All those legal papers and property sharing.. it's not that easy."

"I'm not getting married so there's not going to be a divorce!" Namjoon yelled as he moves towards the bathroom but stubs his toe against a chair. He jumped up on one foot like a hysterical monkey before he stumbled on the floor. Finally feeling light headed as the alcohol take over his judgment, he rested his eyes and laid still on the floor.

"You cannot avoid it, Namjoon." Hoseok said, sighing as he watch how Namjoon is poorly managing himself. "Unless.."

Namjoon's eyes shot open, "Unless what? You have a plan?"

Hoseok pushed his back off the recliner and stood over Namjoon, "You know what I'm thinking?"

"Obviously, I'm no mind reader." Namjoon rolled his eyes as he sat up, his frustration growing along with his temper. "Damn it, Hoseok, just say it!"

"Remember that girl?" Hoseok had a smile on, hoping Namjoon would soon realize where he's getting at.

"Be specific, man. We all know Namjoon didn't have a lot of girls in his life but if you just say it like that, how would he know if it's not his mother you're talking about?" Yoongi said. He has a way of hurting other's egos while having a clear intention of stating facts.

"That girl who ran away from her wedding and ruined your brother's party." Hoseok said, waving his hand in circles to get Namjoon to remember her.