LBAWP | Chapter 8

Thank you everyone who stopped by the STAWP Chat! 

Contest Winners:

1. Follow (everyone who entered won)   

2. Shoutout goes to Freakyfastreader7 !!! Thanks so much for reading STAWP and my other stories, and for joining me for the chat!!

3. I'll be naming a characters after Guinevere_the_dragon and tay79264

4. I will add your story in my reading list if you comment on the contest before this chapter goes live. I'll PM you to ask which story to add!  

 I'll PM you to ask which story to add!  

Logan

"Why would Saffie run away?" Kaitlyn whines. "Is it because you, like, grounded her?"

"What?" Father looks at her like she's crazy.

"Jess said that Zara said that you said," Kaitlyn starts, and I have a sudden urge to rub my temples, "that she's grounded."

"Saffron didn't run away because she's grounded, Kaitlyn." Father growls.

"She didn't run away, period," I add. "She's still here, somewhere. We just haven't looked in the right place."

"She's not here," Father snaps. "You just can't see things clearly because she's your mate."

"What?" Kaitlyn gasps and her eyes widen in shock.

"She's my mate," I tell her, then turn to Father, "which is why she would never betray us."

"Mate?" Kaitlyn whispers in surprise.

Father doesn't pay her any attention. "You need to grow up and see things for what they are," he lectures me. "Mates betray each other every day. Just because you haven't seen that in our pack doesn't mean it doesn't happen. History's full of stories like that." Father shakes his head. "You can't trust anyone."

"How can you say that?" I demand. "Look at you and Mother!"

"What's this about Mother?" her voice rings out as she comes downstairs. She's still in her black, silk pajamas and her messy, obviously unbrushed hair frames her face.

"You're mates," I gesture between my parents, "and you'd never betray each other."

"Of course we wouldn't." She yawns and gives us an affectionate smile. "Now will someone tell me what's going on?"

"I thought you were going to get some sleep, Anna." Father smiles at her fondly.

"You didn't answer my question, James," Mother shakes her head as she makes the rest of the way downstairs. "And I was, until Nicki showed up in tears and begged me to help Saffron."