Dancing Queen

***a modern Evangelane fic bc they're cute and I'm trash***

Elane laughed as she sped around and around the track, the music  pulsing around her, light bouncing off the walls in a flurry of rainbow colors.

From the sidelines, Evangeline leaned against the wall, arms crossed. Her body language signalled distaste for the place- for the skating rink, it's patrons, and its atmosphere. It smelled like body odor and greasy pizza, and she crinkled her nose at the children running around, flinging candy and quarters at each other.

She sighed and looked back out at the rink itself, where Elane was enjoying herself immensely, spinning like a top. She smiled, despite herself, watching as her girlfriend skated gleefully.

The rink had been Elane's idea. They rarely had the chance to get together, and even rarer that it was with no trailing company. Eve would have preferred someplace quieter to spend their time, doing things other than rollerblading. But who was Eve to refuse her love?

Elane skated her way over to the wall, leaning over it and tapping her girlfriend on the shoulder. "Evie! Come skate with me!" She laughed, and while Eve's cheeks tinted with the nickname, and her love's unabashed deameaner, she found herself shaking her head.

"I think I'll pass on that, Laney." She drawled, glancing around with clear distain for the place. Elane rolled her eyes. "I know it's not exactly dinner at Tiffany's.. but that hardly matters." Elane skated away from the wall and to the opening, skating through and over to Evangeline.

Evangeline turned scarlet at her girlfriends forwardness as Elane grabbed her by the waist, pulling her toward the skating floor.

"Elane.." Eve said in a weary, warning tone. The red-headed Haven wasn't having it. She put a finger to Eve's lips, before taking one of her pale hands, the other still gripping Eve's waist.

This was absolutely out of her comfort zone. Evangeline was flushed with color as she skated- rather against her will- in her love's embrace.

"You are ridiculous." She hissed to Elane quietly, trying to avoid looking at the people loitering around the rink, and the kids playing, the employees making food and fiing ticket machines and selling skates.

"Breathe, Evie.." Elane whispered in her ear as they went around. "Relax.. it's just you and me.."

Evangeline was tempted to grumble something in response, but Elane always managed to make her weak in the knees, and annoyingly compliant. They went around and around as the music pulsed, the lights flashing. With each beat of the bass, each lilting, hipnotic hook of the music, Elane's grip on Eve's hips tightened slightly, only a fraction, but enough to make her hopelessly, frustratingly, absolutely, uselessly gay.

It didn't help that in the flashing lights, Elane was a goddess. If Eve didn't know any better, she'd think it was her girlfriends superpower- looking undeniably hot 100% of the time, in any and all lighting and filters. It wasn't fair, really.

Elane caught Evangeline staring at her as they rounded the corner, headed for the break in the wall. Surprisingly, Eve was leading now, headed there like a woman on a mission. As they reached the hole, Elane barely had enough time to raise a perfectly styled brow, before her girlfriend was pulling her out into the walkway, yanking the skates off her feet and throwing them at the skate desk. "Skates. Off." She grunted, and Elane, although taken aback by her demand, did as she was told. She set her skates up on the counter, and her frazzled girlfriend slapped a handful of bills next to them, taking Elane by the hand and pulling her out of the skate rink building.

"Evie, slow down-" Elane said as her girlfriend dragged her toward the truck at the very back of the parking lot.

Big, silver, and roughed up around the edges, it reminded her of it's owner incredibly. She found herself smiling to herself as she took the moment to glance to her love, appreciating everything she could glimpse.

Waves of ashen, dyed gray hair, put back in an untamed ponytail, except for a small portion hanging just above her smoldering, steely gray eyes. Taut, toned muscles underneath her shirt and jeans. Elane tore her gaze away as they reached the trick, Eve fumbling with her keys before managing to unlock it, helping Elane up into the truck.

"Why are we leaving again, Evie? If you wouldn't mind filling me in?" She asked as Eve closed her door, going around and hopping in her own side.

Elane expected her to start the car, but instead, Evangeline put down the seat divider between them and pounced, straddling her girlfriend.

Elane was taken aback for a moment, before smirking. "Oh..~" she purred. "I see.."

Evangeline glowed at her girlfriend, shutting her up with a passionate kiss. "You are too goddamn irresistible for your own good, Laney."

Elane grinned as her girlfriend ravaged her lips and neck, threading her hands through Eve's silver locks. "Evie.."

Evangeline Samos was wasting no time on words, her lips otherwise preoccupied. "Darling, as much as I'd like this to-" Elane gasped. "-continue.. we're kinda sorta parked in a roller rink parking lot." She breathed.

Evangeline mercifully pulled back, a smug aura added to her naturally cocky one. "Does that mean I get to choose where we go now?"

"Yes. Fine. Anywhere. Just shut up and drive." Elane bit her lip, laughing as Evangeline hopped off of her with one last peck, getting back in her seat and putting the petal to the metal.