Chapter 18

I'm pretty sure sparks flew when we touched. As I slanted my lips across his, I wanted the upper hand. Needed it. To do what? Feel in charge? Make him feel as crazy and mixed up as I had these last weeks and months? I didn't know but it was irresistible.

My body felt like he'd lit a match and dropped it straight to my core. And maybe he had. The flames were consuming every bit of the conservative, control-freak version of me, leaving something stormy and insatiable in its wake.

I lifted my legs to kneel on either side of his hips, my skirt riding up so I could press against him. Dylan hissed out a breath as our centers connected. He was already rock hard and straining against his jeans.

"Slow down," he ground out.

I couldn't. It wasn't nearly enough. "No." I grabbed his hands, slid them up my thighs. He tried to keep them there, tips of his fingers digging into my skin. But he couldn't hold back and I sensed his control slip. Seconds later he was stroking, caressing my skin like he wanted to memorize every inch of me. The feel of his hands on my legs was maddening. I could feel the war he was waging between control and chaos. Trying to slow down when everything between us was saying hurry.

With a dark sound in his throat, Dylan reached around to grab my ass and pull me harder against him.

Are we actually doing this? I was drunk on the feel of Dylan around me, under me. We'd gone from zero to a hundred in two seconds flat.

Kissing him was even better than I'd remembered. My hands framed his strong jaw before running down over his chest and abs. His body was unbelievable. No matter how I shifted, I couldn't get close enough.

My tongue invaded his mouth to dance with his. His strong fingers dug into my flesh. I dragged my lips down his neck. I'd always enjoyed sex but never had this need. To drive, and to be driven. And all we'd done so far was kiss.

Dylan was a natural, having all the right instincts. Either that or we just had killer chemistry.

I reared back, wanting to see into his eyes. Needing to.

In the darkness, Dylan looked like something was consuming him from the inside. His chest was heaving, his eyes wide and hungry on mine. His lips were parted, breath passing unsteadily through them.

"Lex." The voice that came from his throat was dark and dangerous, telling me he was every bit as caught up as I was. "I don't know how long I can do this." His hands braced on my arms, and I didn't know if he was trying to steady himself or me. If we kept going this way it'd be over soon.

"Tell me what you want." If I was in control, it was only by a thread. I ran a hand through his hair and watched his eyes narrow.

"I want to taste you." The words tumbled roughly from his lips. "I want to make you lose control." He leaned forward to run his teeth over the shell of my ear. "I want to feel you shaking in my arms." Just imagining Dylan, his mouth on me, was enough to send new waves of heat cascading through my body. I nearly came right there.

I stood up and he released me. I unzipped my skirt and dropped it down my legs without taking my eyes from his. Next I kicked off my heels. My black bra and matching panties were left underneath. His eyes moved hungrily down my body and up again. I moved past him to lay back on the bed, propped up on my elbows. The blood was pounding in my veins as I tilted my head back to look up at him.

Dylan was on his knees on the bed, sat back on his heels like he was afraid his control would break if he touched me again. His eyes were nearly black in the darkness. His hair was chaos from my hands, and his body was hard and decadent in front of me.