5 | THE AFTERMATH AND OTHER HORROR STORIES

I expected a lot of things that happened in my life: I expected to finish school with good grades (except for chemistry), I expected to get into the university I wanted to study in and I expected to move after graduation.

What I didn't expect is to wake up next to Archer Finn and have him beg for me to stay a little longer in bed with him.

Am I actually dreaming right now?

How did I deserve to have the cutest guy in town as my boyfriend?

Questions I don't know and will probably never know the answer to.

"But Archer, I have to go. My mom will be in front of the house in five."

"But there's so much time left until five." He replies, still in daze from being half asleep.

"No, Arch, five minutes. She'll be down to get me in five minutes."

Archer suddenly stiffens next to me. "Wait, Jordy, what time is it exactly?"

"Uh, it's 10:55."

"Shit." Archer jumps out of bed with what looks like the speed of light and he starts running towards the floor below where one of the biggest parties I've ever seen was being held without any supervision for most of the night. The scream that comes from the first floor, which I would hardly recognize as Archer's in any other situation, proves my suspicions that the aftermath of this party will probably lead to a big fight between him and his parents once they come home. I grab my shoes and put them on while making my way downstairs, where I meet a very terrified Archer and a very, very messy and smelly house.

"What are you going to do, Arch?" I ask silently, unsure if he's mad or just devastated.

"Well my parents will be home in no more than an hour and I can't really clean all the mess for this short of a period. So I'll just clean the puke and let them ground me for my entire lifetime, and probably the next lifetime, as well. Then, after they're done ranting about me having to be more responsible, I'll sneak out of the house through my window and come pick you up for our date." He finally allows himself to take a long breath, after telling me his entire plan. I never thought Archer could be this...talkative.

"Or you can stay at home and we can pretend we never started dating because I'm literally leaving in a week, Archer. Seven freaking days. And I don't want you to get in any more trouble for someone who you'll only be able to see seven more days until the end of your life."

Okay, I may be a bit overdramatic, but I sure as hell do not agree with his idea to get himself grounded forever just because of me. Well, and because of this party which at least wouldn't be my fault.

"No, Jordan. I didn't go through all this shit to make a party happen so I can get to talk to you, just to later completely abandon my intentions for you." He points a finger at my face, which is soon replaced by a soft pair of lips right on my own mouth. "I'm not going to let you get away from me for those seven last days."

Oh, well I guess in a way it's my fault that he organized the party, as well. Great.

I'm feeling even better for potentially unintentionally ruining the relationship he has with his parents, just because he's a stubborn idiot!

Why am I in a relationship with a stubborn idiot?

Oh, right. A quick memory refresh tells me that it's all because I like this stubborn idiot. And I like him a lot.

"Let's get to cleaning then." I say as I stretch my arms over my head, trying my best to finally get my brain working after waking up. His eyes scanning my body while I stretch doesn't go by unnoticed, but I don't say anything. After all, I've checked him out far too many many times to have a problem with him taking an innocent look.

Okay, innocent is not the right word, especially when it comes to Archer Finn. But you get the point. A quick peek doesn't hurt anybody.

"You start waking up the ones that are still sleeping and I'll go grab the mop." I order and Archer turns to me, suddenly so close that I feel his breath on my face.

"Are you trying to boss me around?" He asks in a manner than can only be caregorized as in-between teasing and threatening.

I gulp uncomfortably because for a moment I completely forgot who Archer Finn is and that he's covered in tattoos and has had an affair with half the girls from school. And that I'm probably very much easily replaceable if I get on his nerves.

He kisses my forehead and laughs at my stunned expression.

"I was just kidding. Go grab the mop, birdie. I'll do my job."

Well then. There's that.

As I go up the stairs to search for our savior, the mop, an intrigued smile spreads on my face.

That's what I really like about Archer: he's completely and utterly unpredictable in everything he ever does.

For a moment, only for a few seconds, I let myself imagine a future with him. Where it's him and me and where I don't have to leave in a week.
But as sad as it is, having to leave arguably the best looking boy I've ever seen, is a part of life.

And I'm not about to let all of my ambitions go to waste, just because I am dumb enough to fall in love.

So I grab the mop, which was neatly tucked inside the toilet, by the way, and I start descending the stairs towards my one week boyfriend.

Just as I am thinking how ridiculous it is to start a relationship, knowing it's completely a waste of time and feelings, I get a text from mom.

She's arrived.

"Hey, Archer. Sorry but I'll have to go. Mom's outside." I shout, because he is not where he was only a minute ago when I went searching for the mop.

"Wait a second!" Arch peeks from behind the wall separating the kitchen and living room and we both smile at each other. It's so creepily in sync, as if we're a mirror to each other.

I wish I actually looked this good in my mirror at home.

"Alright, I've managed to shoo all the guys who were here yesterday." He says, clapping his hands together as if he's proud of himself.
Cute.

"What about that blonde girl?" I suddenly remember the one girl who got all jealous yesterday night simply because I was getting more attention from Archer than she did.

"What about her?" He asks, confused by my question.

I shrug my shoulders, just like I did yesterday when she tried to make fun of me. "I don't know, she just didn't seem to really like me."

Archer fidgets uncomfortably. "Bailey doesn't really like any female that dares to even breathe the same air as me."

I manage a fake smile. "Wow, isn't she a lovely one?"

Right then my mom gets impatient, so I hear the car horn from outside, warning me to get going.

I stand there awkwardly for a few long moments and Archer looks extremely amusing with the mop in his arms, and we just really don't know how to react.

There is still so much we need to find out about each other yet we only got a week.

"Bye!" I finally say, waving like a complete moron as I turn around, open the door and disappear from Archer's view.