The good boys

TAYLOR (CHAPTER 27)

"I hate this movie," Carter scowls, staring angrily at the television screen as we both watch the Notebook.

"Don't say that," I elbow him at the side. "It's Ryan Gosling!"

"Pfft, I like the girl better," he mutters. "Although I liked her better in Mean Girls."

"Rachel McAdams?" he nods.

"Imagine if this was the sequel to Mean Girls. Now that would be fucking cool," he grins, making me chuckle.

"It wouldn't make sense though," I tell him. "She was a total bitch in Mean Girls, and in here," I point at the screen. "She's so kind."

"And also hot," he adds.

"I guess," I shrug.

"You guess?" he scoffs, looking at me with widened eyes. "Look at her! She's a total babe," he smiles, staring right at her as he says it.

"If you say so," I mumble, crossing my arms. I suddenly want to turn off the off the movie, not at all wanting to watch this anymore. "So... you like blondes then?" I question him, closely staring at him.

"Eh, they're alright," he tells me, his eyes still on the screen.

"Alright, alright. Or just, alright?"

He chuckles, now finally turning his head to look at me. "Why do you care so much?" he raises his eyebrow.

He's right. Why do I care so much?

"I don't," I quickly say, turning my face to look straight at the movie. "It was just a question."

"A question?" I nod. "Really?"

"Yes."

"Alright then." He turns his head back to the movie, watching it with me.

"You know, Ryan Gosling is hot as well," I mutter to Carter, feeling him stiff up beside me.

"He looks the same like any other guy," he points, scoffing as he stares at him. "He has such a baby face anyways."

"Well, I think his baby face is adorable."

"He also looks like a damn nice guy. Those mama boys," he shakes his head in anger.

"I like boys like that," I shrug.

"Of course you would."

"What does that mean?" I ask, turning my face to look at him.

"Nothing."

"No, no. Explain," I motion, waiting for his explanation.

"It's just," he sighs. "You're the type of girl that likes nice guys. You know, the ones that every parent loves and is happy that their kid is dating them."

"And?..."

He takes a good minute, opening his mouth, yet closing it once more.

"No, no. Say it," I now fully turn around, not even caring that the movie is still playing in the background.

I watch him rake his hair, the expression on his face is something that I have never seen before, yet it somehow intrigues me.

"Those are the guys you're supposed to be with," he says under his breath as if he didn't want me to hear it.

"Wh-what?" I stutter.

"That's who you're supposed to date Taylor. Guys who are like that," he turns his face, pointing right at Ryan Gosling, the emotion on his face shows anger as he says it.

"What makes you think I like those type of guys?" I raise my eyebrows, staring at him with curiosity.

"Because," he blows out. "You deserve that. Not...."

"You," I whisper, finishing his sentence.

"Exactly. Me," he looks at me sadly, not knowing what else to say.

"So then, explain to me this." I move a bit closer to him. "What type of a guy are you?"

He chuckles, leaning against the couch. "The guy that your parents would tell you to stay away from."

"That's so stupid though," I tell him.

"It's the truth."

"No... it's--"

"The truth Taylor," he interrupts, rubbing his face. "It's the goddamn truth, and you know it," his voice turns cold as he says that, making me huff in anger.

I turn my head, crossing my arms so that I don't look at him, nor touch him.

"Taylor." I hear him softly say, the cold tone vanishing into a soft, warm tone. "Please, look at me."

I sigh, slowly turning my head to look at him.

"The guy you see," he touches his chest. "is not at all a good guy."

I stare at him with shock, hating the fact that he's telling me that he's not a guy good. It kills me to know that he thinks of himself like that. It kills me.

"You might think about yourself, but I don't see it," I smile, grabbing both of his hands with mine. "You're a good guy Carter. Sure, you may be annoying, an idiot, a bubble tea hater...."

"It's not that bad," he smiles.

"The point is Green, is that you're an amazing guy. A fantastic guy. A guy that any girl would be lucky to have."

"Really?" he says, looking taken aback by my words.

"Really, I nod, holding his hands tight.

As I now stare at him, I feel a tiny ache in my heart as I imagine Carter with a girl.

A girl that will never be me.

*

Oh my gosh. Do I like Carter?

*

CARTER (P.O.V)

Holy fuck. Do I like Taylor?