Chapter fifty six: The Devil's Eye

Leo's POV
It's been two days already and still there's no sign of the reaper siblings. I don't know what to do, I can't go home knowing that somewhere Raven could be lying dead in a ditch. She's my best friend, I can't abandon her at a time like this. Why did it have to be her? She's done so much for me in the past. I suppose it's my turn to repay all my debts to her.

Sighing, I lean back on the sofa in Callum and Ally's home. I've been here ever since Raven and Blake disappeared. After all, I needed to get Ally home. I suppose I just never got around to leaving. Fly boy followed meekly as well. He's been trying to track them down but so far, he's come up blank. He can't even find the kid either. It's almost like they've disappeared off the face of the earth...

That is, if they are even on earth.

"Leo, are you okay?" I hear Ally's broken voice call out to me. I lift my head up to meet her dull eyes. She hasn't been taking this well either. In fact, she's been very stressed lately.

"I just don't understand" I say out of defeat. I've never normally had this much trouble to track her down. But if the messenger God himself can't even find her, who can?

"Have you heard off of Raven's Dad?" She asks me. I was waiting for this question. I could tell she wanted to ask me this as soon as the incident happened. But the truth is, I can't bring myself to tell him.

More to the point, does he even deserve to know? I mean after all, Raven can't trust him anymore. Does that mean I shouldn't either? Poor grim though... I get that he did horrible things but he was a victim of betrayal by his one true love. Not that I'd know what that's like but I can imagine it's tough.

What I don't understand is where did that reaper kid go? Blake definitely didn't bring him to the underworld and Hermes is struggling to detect him again. I bet that wizard boy is behind this. Something just doesn't feel right. It's odd. Too odd and convenient. How could Blake feel the need to desperately abandon his son to 'aid his sister'. It just doesn't make sense! He'd only blindly leave his son in the hands of a stranger if there was an emergency. But Raven has been deteriorating for quite some time, that was no surprise.

He knows something. He's got something hidden in that dark abyss of a mind. And I will uncover it. Don't you worry Blakey boy! I'm coming for you as well as your sister...

"Leo?" I hear Ally's voice call out once again.

"Hmm?" I ask, connecting my gaze with hers.

"You blanked out. Have you told the God of Death?"

"Don't call him that. Call him Grim or Thano, not the God of Death. That's too formal. I've never liked formal situations, that's why I'm Leo and not Leonardo. That's also why you're Ally and not Alison. It's also why-"

"Leonardo!" Ally shouts out, her voice echoing around the room.

Used my full name. Huh. Ironic after I just told her I didn't like it, then again she did want my attention, but now she has it.

"How did you know my name is Alison?" She asked in a shaky voice.

"I know everything about you. It's kinda my job ya know, since you are a Goddess of some sorts. Raven doesn't know, probably doesn't realise. I bet your little boyfriend doesn't either. But I saw those documents from the orphanage."

"I-I've never told anyone my real name since Ally can be a name on its own..."

"Yes but you forget your real name, Charmaine" I say, with a smirk at the corner of my mouth.

"Please don't call me that. I'm not some saviour like you all say I am. Especially after all the problems I've caused..." Ally said, looking at the ground beneath her.

Sighing, I stand up and walk slowly towards her. I wrap an arm around her shoulders and pull her towards me, all in an attempt to comfort her.

"I get that you didn't choose this life. Funnily enough I understand it more than you think. So does Raven deep down" I say, looking out into the distance through the closest window.

"What do you mean?" I hear Ally mumble and I tilt my gaze towards her as she breaks our small huddle.

"You don't think Raven and I honestly wanted to be the next God and Goddess of hell and the underworld did you?" I say, arching at eyebrow upwards.

"Well, kind of. At least, I thought Raven really wanted to. She takes her duty so-"

"Seriously?" I say, interrupting her since I know exactly where this conversation was going. She nods as I once again look outwards of the window.

"There was once a time when Raven was brought up with no future set out for her. It was only when she turned around thirteen that her life drastically changed. Blake was losing interest in his duties and would often rebel against his father. Raven won't admit it but she pitied her dad and became the obedient child he had always wanted. I didn't know her until she had started her reaper training but I know deep down she didn't ask for this. She seemed so distant as a thirteen year old and it was only when she turned fifteen that things really took its toll on her. I suppose Blake's disappearance is also to blame for that" I say solemnly as I return my gaze to her sapphire eyes.

"She... never wanted this?" Ally stutters out in shock as her eyes go wide whilst her brain processes everything I've just told her.

"Being a demi god isn't as easy as it sounds" I say with a small smile.

"That's certainly unexpected..." Ally said as she sat herself down on the sofa beside us.

I join her and stare at the floor as we sit there in deadly silence. Not one of us spoke. We just sat there, thinking.

I know for certain that Raven has had to go through so much more than I have, especially to her age. I know we're immortal and all that, but at the end of the day she is just a 16 year old girl. Just because she has special powers doesn't mean she has to face talk of war and such. But I will always support her. There's no doubt about that in my mind.

The front door soon swings open as a tired looking Hermes presents himself in front of us.

"I t-think I've f-found them" he says, resting his hands on his knees.

Ally and I hurriedly make our way over to him, with concern written on her face and anger on mine.

"It took you long enough!" I yell, whilst Ally glares at me as she goes over to comfort the tired God.

"It's okay. Catch your breath then tell us"

We wait as the wimpy God huffs and puffs until he finally raises his blond head of hair to look into my fiery eyes.

"She's in limbo"