Times running out

~Liam POV~

I think time, and Jasmine's patience was running out. She had so many things to do every single day. Not counting her secretary duties,  she also had to do the job of a personal assistant. Meaning, bringing me coffee, dinner reservations, and personal stuff too.

There are times, she will open her mouth to say something to me,  then close it and stay silent. I think she starting to go off the edge. I've tried to take on more of her job, both as secretary and as a personal assistant, but I'm not even cut out for the work she has to do on a daily basis. I didn't even realize how difficult her job was. Once I do get a personal assistant, I'm going to give Jasmine a vacation, and pay for the whole trip! Only a week long though, I don't think the building will stay intact without her for long.

Today I had another group of girls coming to see me. They all went to the same school, so they might know each other. If they do I hope there aren't any hard feelings between any of the friends, if there are any.

I took a deep breath and turned on my com to tell Jasmine to send in the first girl. Jasmine said, with clear disgust, she would. I was super concerned that she would quit afterward. But the second the girl walked in I could already tell her problem. I'll say it simply, but before I do. I really don't like using this kind of language, but I have no tolerance for no professionalism. She was pretty clearly a slut. I had been looking pleasant when she walked in, but now I had a grim look on my face. I really wanted to kick her out immediately, but something inside me told me to wait for just a moment.

She walked closer, her... Ehm... cleavage was very prominent. She sat down and I could tell she was slightly leaning over as if to give me a better view. Then I smelled it. A mix of fake expensive perfume and alcohol. I glanced at this woman's' eyes. They were extremely hazy. She was drunk. I couldn't take another second of this woman's absurd thought that this would land her a job. I stood up, my eyes changing to a different shade of green, redder. Yes, my eyes are slightly connected to my emotions. Very troupe like, right? Anyway... I looked right into her eyes. "Get out of my office this instant." Something about my eyes changing must have frightened her a lot because she grabbed her stuff and almost ran out of my office. I glanced over at my reflection in my computer screen. Whenever this happened I usually tried to not let anyone see me for a while... but I didn't want Jasmine quitting.

I told her to send in the next applicant.

~~An hour later~~

I felt like attempting to sue that entire damn college. Every single one of those girls was either unprofessional or full-on sluts. Don't forget I don't normally use that word. I glanced at my eyes again in the mirror. My eyes now looked more like red with a bit of green mixed in. Not a nice color at all. I sighed and asked on the com if there were any more applicants. She said no with a tired voice.

I pushed some papers aside on my desk and placed my head down onto the now empty space. Suddenly Jasmines' voice came onto the intercom. "Sir, we have a late applicant, Ms. Tori Parline." I sighed, this was my last shot before I surely would have to find a new secretary. I hated tardiness, it fell under the category of unprofessionalism. I sighed and straightened up. I was slightly surprised and pleased when she walked in. She had on a pants suit that was perfectly modest, maybe even a little more so.

She sat down and handed me her application. I looked at it and saw she went to the same college as the other girls who had walked in. After looking over her credentials, listening to the way she spoke to me, her manner, I decided that she'd be perfect for the job. After I saw her pants suit, I thought she was going to be overly proper for me... even though it wouldn't have changed if I had hired her or not. She was actually pretty nice and bubbly. The only thing I could pick up from her was a bit of anxiety.

I stood up and she looked at me fearfully. Don't forget, everyone outside of the company (minus a few people) think I'm a terror. I handed her application back to her rather forcefully. She looked down almost as if she was ashamed. I then left my hand out as she stood up. She looked at it momentarily before shaking it. "You have the job." She jerked her head up with a shock, it took all of my control just to not start laughing. I did, on the other hand, smile. "You start tomorrow. I come in at 7 AM, I expect coffee on my desk by then. If you had trouble commuting here, speak to Jasmine. We have multiple carpools here and there is most likely one nearby you." She became ecstatic and ran to the other side of my desk and hugged me.

I know, it was unprofessional. But also friendly. She was expressing her joy. That was fine with me. She almost immediately realized her mistake and removed her arms. "I am so sorry Mr. Linard!" I smiled at her. "No worries, perfectly fine. Don't tell anyone else outside of the company this but; I'm actually not that tyrant everyone says I am. That's just for everyone's' entertainment for the newbie's reactions. In fact, I don't like over professionalism. I won't fire you over it, but I prefer to be called Liam. The only one here who calls me Mr. Linard is Jasmine." She looked shocked for a moment before smiling back. "I'll be sure to speak to Jasmine. The bus got a flat so that's why I was late. Not easy to run in heels."

"Wait, you ran here?" She nodded. "Well then, I walked over to a water cooler I had in one corner of my office. I returned with a cup of water for her. "Here you go. I admire your dedication to getting here. In fact, I am extremely thankful. Jasmine has been having to do the PS duties as well as her own secretarial job. I was pretty sure if I didn't get a new PS she'd quit." Her smile grew wider. "Thanks again Mr- err, Liam." I smiled in return as she left my office.

I then realized what I was doing and started quietly hitting my head on the desk. Now I was the unprofessional one.

Thanks so much for reading my story so far. Two chapters posted at one time, why? Because they were both written before I came up with a GOOD name. The original name of the story was "Full pocket, empty life" I hated it, I am so glad we have the name we do now! Don't forget to vote!