The One Where He Leaves

//////  دل نا  امید تو نہیں، ناکام ہی تو ہے۔         لمبی ہے غم کی شام مگر شام ہی تو ہے\\\\\

//////
  دل نا  امید تو نہیں، ناکام ہی تو ہے۔
        لمبی ہے غم کی شام مگر شام ہی تو ہے
\\\\\

Everyone sat around in the living room for the evening tea talking as always. Shortly after Ibraheem and Jannat arrived at the family residence, their Khaala's family and some cousins including Omar also came. Ibraheem's mother was feeling a little lonely after Jannat's marriage and her blood pressure had shot up but she thought to ask her sister to come over rather than disturbing the newly married couple. Jannat and Ibraheem were very upset about her not telling them but everyone assured them that it had been only a couple of days and they deserved their privacy.

A very naraaz Jannat in a emerald green kurti sat next to Dua, complaining about forgetting her. To Ibraheem's annoyance, as soon as they had stepped in the house, Dua and Ammi had attended to Jannat with never ending hugs and embraces. But they were still not satisfied, he concluded as he eyed them sitting next to each other and talking.

Khaala kissed Jannat on her forehead, saying loudly
"Kitna roop agaya hai shaadi k baad MaShaAllah."

(She looks even beautiful after marriage.)

He eyed Jannat's blush and lowered lashes, admiring her form.

A brotherly punch on his shoulder made him divert his attention towards Omar and Azlaan who were sitting next to him.

"Aur bhayi, shaadi k baad tau logg badal hi gaye hain "
(How sad that some people have changed after marriage.)

Omar said and Ali and Azlaan voiced their agreement.

"Jab tumhari baari aye gi tab poochun ga yey tumsey."
(I'll ask you when it's your turn.)

Shaking his head, Omar put his hand on his chest to whisper,
"Hum tau kabsey tyaar hain. Chahay kal hi nikkah karwa dau."
( Me? I have been ready for ages. You can get me hitched up tomorrow.)

All of them laughed. They were well aware of Omar's undying desire to marry.

After dinner, the boys were at the terrace. With cups of chai or coffee, and Omar with his shisha, they sat on the chairs and talked. After a long time they had sat together like this, otherwise at every function they used to stay up the whole night for fun.

Azlaan was there and Ibraheem tried to be as normal as he could, however he knew that neither of them were as carefree as before.

When Ibraheem looked at his wrist-watch for the tenth time, Azlaan spoke up,
"Kis baat ki jaldi hai?"
(Why are you in a hurry?)

Ibraheem opened his mouth to answer but was quickly cut off by Omar's witty reply,

"Yaar choro jaanay dau issay."
( Man! Let him go.)