12. It Wasn't Your Imagination

Abhishek had seen the lines of concern on the face of Divya. He was not feeling good for his wife being disturbed. And how will he feel good? After all he loved her a lot. He asked his parents to have some rest, while he himself carried Diya to the bedroom and put her to sleep. As Diya slept, he made Divya sit next to him and held her hands.

"Tell me, what's the problem? What are you thinking?" he asked lovingly. Divya looked into his eyes and saw concern and love for herself. She asked him, "What will happen when she knows the truth?" Abhishek smiled and answered, "That day she will understand how much her mother loves her." Divya looked at him, her eyes telling him that this is not what she meant. Abhishek continued, "About me. We will share a bond which will not be broken by anything in this world. Our relation stands on love and trust. When the foundation is strong, the building will not fall. I know the truth will hurt her but she will understand. Don't worry."

Divya looked away. She knew what Abhishek was saying is true but her heart ached thinking about the pain her baby girl will feel at that time. Abhishek said, "Don't think so much about the future, Divya. You never know what it has in store for you. Think of the present. Live it, enjoy it to the fullest." As his words registered into her mind, Abhishek kissed the back of Divya's hands and left the room. 

Divya's felt strange at being kissed like that. She felt loved. She remembered Abhishek staring at her, she remembered him complimenting her, she remembered the kiss. She blushed. Abhay had never made her feel so special. He never expressed his feelings or perhaps he never felt anything for her. However in Abhishek's presence, she always felt loved. 

She stood up and left the room to find Abhishek. She found him in the kitchen, drinking water, and at once questioned him, "Why did you marry me?" Abhishek was taken aback at the question but nevertheless answered, "I will tell this to you the day you will confess your love to me." Divya said, "No Abhishek. I want....."

Before she could complete her sentence, she was pinned against the wall and Abhishek was standing dangerously close to her. "Don't you think my name is too long. Call me Abhi," he said in a husky voice. Divya whispered, "Abhi," and in a blink of an eye, he was gone. For a moment, Divya felt that all this had been her imagination. But then her phone pinged, she took it out from her pocket. It was a message from Abhishek, "It wasn't your imagination." Divya's heart skipped a beat. She thought, "How did he know what I was thinking? How can he always read me like an open book?"

She left the kitchen and went into the room. Abhishek was sitting next to Diya, observing her facial expressions and trying to copy them. She smiled and clicked a picture of them. At the sound of the camera, Abhishek looked at her and asked, "Why are you always clicking our pics?" Divya answered, "You will know soon." She sat on the other side of the bed and began drawing something. 

Abhishek peeped into the notepad and asked her, "What are you doing?" She looked at him and answered, "It has been a while. If I have to open a boutique, I must get myself into the habit.

Abhishek nodded his head, "Yeah. Design a shirt for me." Divya looked at and asked, "What if it's not good?"

"Then design again," Abhishek answered as if it was a stupid question.

___________________________________

So, how is it?

Do share your opinion......

~Purnima