2:57 A.M

Then the beeping started. Clarity woke up from her slumber and looked at the source of this horrendous sound. Her phone was the culprit of the crime and it continued its racket as Clarity struggled to turn off the alarm in fear of waking her parents who were still resting underneath the watch of the night. Clarity eventually gave up trying to turn the alarm off and instead just threw the annoying thing underneath the covers in hope of blocking out the horrendous sound. Clarity didn't notice the lingering smell inside of the room until she was sure that the phone had been quieted as much as was possible. The girl pinched her nose and dived underneath the safety of her covers where the phone was also hidden. The clock pronounced the time as 3:05 A.M, a time when all girls like Clarity should be asleep. After awhile, Clarity was sure the smell would've left. With hesitation, she peeked out from underneath the sheets and took a resistant sniff. Most if it had gone but the memory of it stayed. All of a sudden, the screen of her phone was illuminated with a notification about a text.

Clarity couldn't help but he ever so slightly annoyed that someone had sent her a message this early in the morning. She read the text sent from an unknown number.

Hello Clarity. Im sure you want to play a game. How about Hide and Seek?

Clarity was confused. What was going on? Who was texting her this early in the morning and why did they want to play Hide and Seek? The last time she had played that ridiculous game was when she was in the second grade.After thinking about it for a minute or so, she realised it must be a prank from one of her friends.

Okay! What R the rulz?

Almost instantly, a new message popped up onto the screen.

This is not a prank Clarity. 4 years ago you played for fun. Tonight you are playing for your life.

She anticipated what the message meant for at least 3 minutes. She was slightly disturbed by the fact that this person knew what she was thinking but she refused to believe that it was more than just a silly prank.

Lol. You need to stop sending me messages at this time of night. Will talk to u tomorrow.

After she had re-read the message to herself, she sent it. This time Clarity did not get an immediate response but when she got one, it looked like this.

THIS IS NOT A PRANK. I AM IN YOUR HOUSE RIGHT NOW. FOLLOW MY INSTRUCTIONS AND YOU WILL NOT BE HURT.

This cryptic message was followed by 2 photos, one of her parents calmly sleeping, unaware of the chaos about to be unleashed, and the other was of her asleep in her bed from at least an hour ago, as calm as the night sky. Now she was afraid. Why was this happening to her? She typed "Ok." into the message bar and sent it. Another message was sent from the unknown number almost immediately.

The rules are simple. Stay within the boundary (Your house), keep your phone with you at all times. You must not be found until 4:00am. After that you are safe. Finally, you must not make contact with any other humans. If you break any of these rules, you will be punished.

By now the girl was shaking with fear. Suddenly, with absolutely no warning whatsoever, GO was plastered over her phone screen.