23. Museum Of The Assholes

A/n hello my lovelies, thank you for your comments, votes and reads on TMIR. As promised the next few chapters will be about Cassidy's recon work at the museum.

Enjoy!!

Cassidy Clarke POV

After last night Drew ensisted - or rather told me - that we were 'bunking' together, because Leon was having a couple of other workers from the Devil's Possession to come over and help Grant and Archer with their jobs.

"very professional babe." Drew says as I look over my outfit again in the mirror in his wardrobe.

A navy blue blouse tucked into a black pencil skirt with semi-opaque tights and three inch heels finished off with a black blazer. I pulled my hair into a bun and turned to face Drew who was sprawled out on the bed, sitting up on his elbows as he watched me get dressed for the last twenty minutes. Drew brought me breakfast this morning and a coffee in bed saying he preferred me to sleep in a little longer after our umm session last night ran late. - not that either of us were complaining I'm sure...

"God, this is so fucking terrifying..." I mutter as I rubbed my sweaty palms over the skirt to straighten it and myself out before applying a layer of foundation, some eye-liner, shadow and a matte nude lipstick.

"okay, let's go!" Drew says as I pick up my handbag as he begins dragging me out the door.

............

Very few pleasantries were spoken when all of us piled in to the two cars. Grant, Ethan and Archer where in one car which left me with Drew and Leon. Leon was driving in silence as Drew on in the passenger seat going over notes, and giving me the information I needed.

"alright, so as soon as you go in, you will be Rosalie Walters, 22 years old, and have just graduated university in history, with curator credits." Drew nods thoughtfully.

"your boss is Ezekiel Edwards, 61 years old, and has been working at the museum for over twenty years, he has a wife, Melissa Edwards 58, who owns a Cafe." I nod in response to his comments.

"were here." Leon piped up

Oh fuck me...

Don't think Drew will mind...

"Cassidy, you have all the tech you need and we'll be watching and keeping in touch with you all day. You have nothing to worry about." Drew says and I nod in response.

"you know, except for the fact that your own twin is trying to kill you and has hired people to hurt you." Archer's voice rang through the ear piece.

"I swear to fucking God Archer if you continue your annoying narration of my life, I will personally make sure that no woman will ever be with you again." I hiss.

Hearing Archer sputter in response and Ethan and Grant's laughter filling my ears it made me feel a bit at ease. Drew chuckled and Leon's lips quirked up slightly before forming a firm thin line.

"right, let's get this over with..." I mutter.

I opened the car door and grabbed my satchel and stood up.

You can do this. Piece of cake.

Yeah a cake that might end up in me being dead...

Fuck you cake. Fuck you.

Probably fucking fruitcake.

Fuck you fruitcake.

I took a deep breath, shut the door and made my way up towards the large white building.

"looking good babe, charm your way in, and I've got nothing but good things at the end of the day." Drew's voice came in my ear. His voice seemed to calm me, even with the sexual innuendo woven into his proposition with sexual undertones laced with it.

A friendly smile formed on my face as I walked towards the museum doors. Taking one last deep breath I pushed the door open.

I entered the extravagant foyer of the large building, a large Tyrannosaurus skeleton stood towering above me and beyond that was a reception desk.

I made my way towards the desk, dodging a group of excited children. A woman, who looked in her late thirties was typing away on a desktop computer without any knowledge that I was standing in front of her.

I cleared my throat before introducing myself to her. "hi, I'm Rosalie Walters, and I think I suppose to meet Mr Edwards here at the reception desk?" I ask politely.

"oh, yes, miss Walters, it's a pleasure, my name is Seira Daund, Mr Edwards should be here soon, I just called him and he just left his office - oh there he is." I turned around and saw a salt and peppered haired man walking towards us in a crisp navy suit.

"ah, you must be Miss Walters, it's a pleasure, I am very pleased that we were able to hire you before anyone else did, your credentials are simply wondrous, especially seeing your age, utterly wonderful." Mr Edwards said all too happy.

"*cough* suck up *cough*" Archer made his opinion heard.

I forced a smile and bit my tongue to stop from saying my two cents worth to Archer.

"thank you Mr Edwards, I have to admit, I was offered several positions, but none of them were what I was looking for, I've always loved history and to be able to share my knowledge with anyone willing to listen and to walk around one of my favourite museums day in and day out, is a dream come true, no matter how childish and repetitive it might be." I laugh lightly at the end of the sentence. Seira gave me a polite smile in reply while Ezekiel heartily laughed at my words.

"I completely understand. Now, I will show you to the staff room and you can meet your colleagues and then you can get prepared for your first tour, I believe we sent you the floor and exhibition layouts?" he asks.

I nod remembering all 47 pages I read the night before. "yes, but you didn't send me my roster, and I was told in the email that I would be receiving a copy of the exhibition reports." I said with a friendly smile and we began walking towards a door labelled 'staff only'.

"ah yes, you can speak to Derek about the exhibition reports and also for a set of keys, we don't need you being locked out on your first day." Edwards chuckled.

We walked into the door and was greeted by a group of people.

"ah Derek! Everyone, this is Miss Walters our newest tour guide.-" I walked up to Edwards' side and was met with seven pairs of eyes. "-please make her welcome, I will leave you to it." Edwards said as he left me with the other workers.

"she looks quite young, like she's a teenager." I heard a woman say, I turned and saw her attempting to whisper to a tall slender man with chestnut hair. He nodded in response. "A fairly attractive teenager." the man stated hushed back to her. I saw two other men nodding in response and blatantly checking me out.

Oh would you look at that, welcome to the museum of the Assholes...

A/n hello my lovelies, welcome back, I'm sorry for the late update, but I'm hoping to update tomorrow too. Let me know your thoughts. Xx