Chapter 11: Merry Chrismas

Once the holidays had started, Ron and Harry were obviously having too good a time to think much about Flamel so, I took matters into my own hands. Having the dormitory to myself and the common room which is far emptier than usual, I end up splitting most of my time between these two places and the library.

Sitting with a mountain pile of books surrounding me, I pour myself fully into reading allowing the world around me to melt into silence. As the days go on, I fall into a routine of grabbing a light bite to eat in the great hall before going to the library to resume my reading until lunch when then I would go to the Slytherin Common Room to hang out with Emma who has also chosen to stay at Hogwarts for the holidays before leaving to eat dinner with her then going back to the library to read some more.

I must look like I'm obsessed with studying or something, I think to myself as I skim the paragraphs of the rather thick book I am currently devouring. Time seems to fly by and before long as a result of the peaceful tranquillity and the warmth of the library, pull me into a deep dreamless sleep.

When I wake up, I find that I am no longer slumped across the large book strewn desk in the library. Instead, I am curled up under a warm blanket with a heavy arm draped across my side, weighing me down onto the bed as the owner of the arm hugs the back of my small frame against his broad warm chest.

For a moment, I am still unable to process that I am in a bed and not where I had originally fallen asleep then suddenly I am wide awake and panicking. I am in a bed. Someone is sleeping next to me.

"Sleep, Victoria," the husky, dripping with sleep voice of Professor Snape orders softly in my ear as he pulls me to him. "It's a rest day."

It's Chrismas...I project to him in my mind, now wide awake. Merry Chrismas...Professor...

"Severus," he grumbles sleepily, his nose touching the back of my head. "When in private call me by my given name. You are granted at least that much of a privilege."

"S...Severus..."I whisper, testing the feel of his name on my tongue as I struggle to turn around in his tight hold. "Severus."

Slowly, his eyes crack open to gaze at me impassively though heavily coated with a film of sleepiness, his gaze is intimidating enough to make a puppy cry. Groaning a little as he sits up, Professor Snape...uh...Severus stretches his arms above his head, flexing his muscles and stretching his silvery scars that gleam tauntingly in the soft light of his rooms.

He went to sleep shirtless...My cheeks warm uncomfortably at the thought.

"You seem to have presents, Toria," He comments softly, jutting his chin in the direction of his bedroom door. "I believe the house-elves should have placed them in the living room."

Scrambling to get out of bed at the mention of presents, I put my feet into the fluffy, squeaky pink bunny slippers that somehow followed me to Pro-Severus's room before racing out to the living room where I freeze like a statue at the entrance to the living room. Sitting on the couch with a cup of steaming black liquid is a pale-faced man with cascading silver hair dressed in formal black wizarding clothes.

"Hello," He says cooly, a tone of slight surprise in his voice as he takes in my appearance. "And who might you be?"

"Um...uh..."

Compared to this man who has a chilling resemblance to Draco, I am severely underdressed. Only now do I realise that I am in a knee-length pearly white nightgown with frills around its collar and not to mansion I also have my squeaking slippers on. My hair is definitely a mess and I'm pretty sure this isn't a good first impression on someone who is close enough to Severus to be in his rooms.