Six

Song: Seven Devils - Florence + The Machine
(YEEEEES, CREEPIER VIBE FOR THIS STORY THIS TIME AROUND, I'M LOVING IT YOU SHOULD SEE THE NEW PLAYLIST ON SPOTIFY! I'M SO EXCITED, CAN'T YOU TELL?)

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Several nights passed and I still couldn't get a full night's sleep.

Even spending the day building my power to the point of exhaustion with our exercises didn't help me sleep. I still had nightmares.

I found myself several nights later staring at the ceiling of the room like most nights.

I could never go back to sleep after my nightmares. Instead, I spent most of the mornings tossing and turning in bed waiting for the sun to rise. On this particular night, I took a cold shower and watched the back of the estate from my window. Somehow, the night soothed me. The trilling of the sprites on the other side of the window was comforting. It was almost as if I heard it before, a long time ago. Like I had fallen asleep to it before.

I knew it wasn't at the Keep. I didn't hear them from my lonely room when I stayed there. I didn't hear them in the mansion either. Maybe it was before then but couldn't remember.

Had I lived here, in the Underworld before? Or was it somewhere similar?

My parents weren't really my parents. They were human. I was not.

Had I been taken away for my safety to the Human world like Damien, but then forgotten?

Did they forget? Maybe it was much worse than that. Maybe they were dead.

If what Robyn said was true...then it was a real possibility. Any family I had were dead.

I swallowed, pushing the thought aside. I couldn't think of it.

I didn't want to focus on what he told me while I was with him. But I couldn't ignore it. I was the last of my kind.

And Robyn had been responsible. He killed everyone like me and now, he had everyone I loved in his hands. They were puppets on strings that he controlled.

The thought of it alone felt like a crushing weight on my shoulders and heart.

I felt a hot tear roll down and I roughly pressed my palm against my cheek to brush it away.

I wouldn't cry anymore.

I wouldn't be a victim anymore.

I'd kill him for what he did to me. For taking my power, and making me defenseless. For making me think I was weak and helpless. For what he did to Damien.

At the thought of Damien, my heart skipped a beat. I would tell him I loved him as soon as I had him back. When I saved him, I'd tell him exactly how I felt. Robyn wouldn't be the one to hear those words come from me ever again.

Even if it killed me, I'd make everything right.

I'd be damned if I let him get away with what he did to us.

I had to get stronger. Julian was right. I'd been locked in a cell and in a small room for weeks. I had to build my strength again.

Julian briefly mentioned he had an indoor gym when he showed me around the house earlier in the day. He'd wave in the direction of some doors downstairs. I wondered if I could find it again. I needed to be able to do something other than just waiting for the sun to rise.

If I couldn't leave the house, I could at the very minimum walk around the house or find a treadmill.

I couldn't just do nothing on my own and only wait for Julian to train me when he was awake. If I was awake and able, I would train.