Chapter One: Just the two of us

I sighed walking up to school and tried to make sure that I didn't look as tired as I felt.

I hope I don't fail the history test today-

"Saihara chan!!!" Ouma called he was running up behind me, "what?" I asked and Ouma just grinned "I pranked Momota chan again" and I groaned.

Me and Ouma have been friends since we were in diapers, and while I had managed to somehow gather more of a group of friends...Ouma...didn't. Actually the opposite really.

"Isn't this the third time this week that you have pranked Momota?" I asked and Ouma grinned "if were just counting the ones at school" I don't know how I was supposed to defend him at this point.

Ouma had caused so much chaos it was actually remarkable that our class has only beaten him up...three times...this month. Maybe I should be concerned for his health...

"OUMA!" I heard Momota shouting and I had to cover my mouth to keep myself from laughing. He was covered in flour and seemed to have his head stuck in a white sheet making him look like a ghost in a way.

"Hide me Saihara!" Ouma begged and I turned around to see a bush and I quickly shoved him in. Momota ran over to me as I felt myself sweating "do you know where Ouma went? He was here a second ago"

I shook my head "I have no idea...hey Momota have you looked at yourself in a mirror yet?" I asked and he shook no "I just know the brat put something on me why..." Momota turned to the glass doors of the school and screamed "GHOST!" and began running around like a headless chicken.

"You can come out Ouma" I said and Ouma poked his head out to see if the coast was clear "thanks Saihara chan!"

I sighed "please don't make me do that again" he nodded "I won't...maybe...I don't know I'm a liar I swear if we weren't best friends I'd be pissed right now

"Come on Shumai let's go" Shumai?! I ignored that part and headed to class with Ouma.

"Hey Saihara, hey Ouma" Amami called as we sat over at our usual area as everyone else seemed to be watching Yonaga trying to summon something. Hopefully not Atua again- last time she ended up nearly summoning a demon.

"Hey Avacado" Amami's eyes widened "avacado?" He asked "Akamatsu do I really look like an avacado?" He asked and Akamatsu seemed to be pretending not to hear them even though she was sitting right next to him. Really?

"Looks like Bakamatsu doesn't want to confess her sins to the produce aisle" Ouma noted and Akamatsu groaned a little "ok maybe his hair is a little bit like an avacado, satisfied?" Akamatsu asked and Ouma nodded.

"Hooray that's the correct answer! You get a prize!" Ouma cheered "what?" Akamatsu asked "not being an idiot like Momota!" Ouma grinned and Akamatsu just rolled her eyes.

"HEY!" We all turned to see Momota now in the room with a bunch of leaves all over him. It looks like he had ran through a lot of bushes in a attempt to escape the 'ghost' and now was holding the sheet clenched in his hands.

"Hey Saihara how high are we from the ground again?" Ouma asked and I raised an eyebrow "why...?" He responded simply "the phantom thief needs to make a quick escape"

Before he even had a chance though someone grabbed him from behind. Uh oh he's dead...it was Harukawa and she looked pissed and it only took me five seconds to know why. There was a 'kick me' sign on her back. Not Ouma's best work but enough along with Momota's prank and trauma to get her pissed.

"Agh! Saihara help me!" Ouma screamed and Harukawa dragged him into the hallway and I just had to supress some laughter at the inevitability of it all.

Well it was nice knowing you Ouma.

-/-/-

"So did you learn your lesson?" I asked and Ouma groaned, Harukawa had given him a black eye and multiple bruises.

"That little red riding hood on steroids is crazy..." he mumbled and I rolled my eyes.

We were sitting in a large table with everyone else in our class and it made me happy. I just hope it lasts all day.