Chapter Three: Maybe I am not always happy

"Well? Where were you all day you worthless mistake?"

Oh no, I knew hanging out with them today was a bad idea...look where that lead me...I turned around to face my Mother whose eye's were lit with fury.

"I was studying in the library, we have a test coming up and I lost track of time, I am sorry Mother" I lied as she stared into my eyes analyzing my every move. Her eyes narrowed "your lying, tell me where you've really been or I will call you Father Shuichi"

I felt myself pale as I looked down, I should have known she would have figured out..."Akamatsu dragged me and the class to hang out after school" I mumbled.

I felt my Mother force my head up to look into my eyes before she let go "you're to good for those ruffians Shuichi, you need to make better friends if you want to get valuable connections. Only that boy who looks like a produce item seem to possess any useful connections or friendships so I advise you if you want to live a good life to discard the rest"

I felt my anger boiling up as I faced her "Mother they aren't just pawns! They aren't just rescources to me! They are my friends and I care about them-"

*SLAP*

"I thought we talked about this Shuichi...you don't question or talk back to authority, ypur job is simply to obey? Don't you want what's best for you? Don't you know how many people would kill to have the opportunities you do?! What I SACRIFICED for YOUR future and this is how you thank me?!" She screamed.

"I-I'm sorry" I mumbled as she just sneered "your going in the basement if you do as much as one slip up, no dinner tonight you were getting chubby anyway" she said as she went to tie up her apron to cook dinner.

"Mother you haven't given me food in a week" I mumbled and she turned to face me "and? You still only proceed to get fatter and fatter! I bet it was one of those kids wasn't it? They have been feeding you little pig!" She screamed.

"Mother I'm not fat! The school nurse even told you I was underweight! Only Ouma is worse than me-"

"OH DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THAT PIECE OF SH*T!" She screamed "that boy Shuichi is a menace to society, just you wait one of these days he will be the one getting your coffee every day and that will all he will ever amount to that low life! And that is of the best outcome for people like HIM"

"Mother Ouma is my best friend! We've been friends our whole lives please don't talk about him like that!"

I screamed and she grabbed me by the cheek and forced me to look down on her, I could feel her nails piercing my skin. There would be some obvious marks and maybe blood.

"Shuichi I swear to God you better shape up right now, I am through with this discussion do you hear me?" She asked and I nodded slowly. She seemed pleased with the answer, "good sweetie, now could you help prepare the meal? Your father is coming home with friends today and we need to make a good impression for you"

I nodded "of course..." I said slowly and walked over to help.

I hate her...why won't she just ever accept me for who I am or for the decisions or friends I make? Why must it always be perfect this, perfect that with her...I am so tired of it.

I wish I could just run away and never come back...but...that would mean leaving my class behind...I glanced over at the picture on the wall of my class photo and nodded.

I will endure it for them, they will always make it worth it.

~-~