Six

Brock's POV

"And who is this cutie?" I quickly turned around, looking at Alexis who was staring happily at Cerberus.

"Well, you already know who I am," I joked, causing her to laugh loudly. "This is Cerberus. Bear is yours, Cerberus is mine."

She bent down and he went right up to her, "He's beautiful," There was a huge smile on her face. It wouldn't leave. I didn't want it to leave ever. She was even more beautiful when she smiled.

"I think he likes you," I said as she showered Cerberus with affection. I think I like you too.

"I hope so. He's just too freaking cute."

A phone chimed, something that I knew all too well the sound of. I pulled out my phone, seeing it was infact a mission.

"What's wrong?" I looked at her and couldn't help the sadness on my face. I liked spending time with her. "Hey, don't worry about it. Your job is very important. Go save some lives."

I genuinely smiled, "Pretty soon it will be your job too. If it makes you feel any better, I'll be expecting to hear about what team you're on whenever I get back. Hopefully you're on the best of the best." I shot her a wink. I definitely wouldn't mind if I got to see her more often.

"I hope so too. Have fun Curly. Bye Cerberus." She gave him a few last pets and I pulled her into a tight hug. She pulled her head back and I felt her soft lips on my cheek. "Be safe. Both of you."

"Yes ma'am. See you in a few days." I really didn't want to leave, but I gave her a smile anyways and turned around, walking back towards the building. The whole way there, I swear I just kept thinking about her lips on my skin. They were so soft.

"So, whats up with the draft? Who are we taking this year?" Sonny questioned, as we drove through the desert. I was driving, helping me keep my mind off of things back home. Off of Alexis.

"Still unclear. You guys will know when they know." Sonny groaned but agreed. We would all know soon enough. I didn't actually know who was at the top of green team, but I had a very strong feeling I knew just the woman.

"Sonny, what was up with you last night? You were talking to a girl pretty much the whole night, and didn't take her back to your place?" Ray joked, and Sonny chuckled.

"Nah man, I think i'm becoming a little more of a... dare I say, gentleman." He paused for a second, a smile crossing his face, "But in all seriousness, I don't know. I feel like she's different. She wasn't a girl I just wanted to hit it and quit it. I actually want to get to know her."

Shocked expressions crossed the truck, even Spencer looked shocked. "Wow, okay." Clay muttered, then turning his gaze to me, smirking.

"Oh no, don't even start," I shook my head as all the eyes in the car turned to me.

"Alexis seems like a really nice girl."

"Yes and Alexis is also in the midst of becoming a tier one operator. She doesn't have time for something like that." Even though I wished the words coming out of my mouth weren't true, I knew they were.

"Do you think she's going to do good? Whatever team she goes on?" Trent asked.

"I don't think so, I know so. When I met her, she was so set in her ways. She was the one that threw a fist and gave Parker a black eye." Realization dawned onto Ray and Jason. "She almost broke her finger throwing that punch. So I told her I'd teach her how to be smarter about it. She told me there was no point in changing her swing because she held too much power. But when we started training, and I showed her how to use less power, and more strategy. She almost knocked the wind out of me when attacking that punching bag. Then, even when I wasn't there, she was practicing what I told her. She is very eager to learn, and won't give a lot of back talk. Any team would be lucky to have a soldier like that." I told everyone my true and honest opinion. Even though I had only seen her fighting side, I knew that she was as good at everything else.