All I saw was red

I checked into small hotel a few kilometers from Kiev. It was late, probably midnight and I was really tired.

I told the woman at the desk I wanted a room. She told me the room number and gave me the key.

"And one more thing; there is one room without number on your floor and it is always locked. Don't even peek in there."

I took the key and went to my room. I saw the door without a number just next to my room.

I was sleeping peacefully when I was woken up by trickling of water and someone humming loudly.

It took me a moment to realise that it was from some room outside. I could not sleep so I opened door to check. It is coming from room with no number.

I pounded on door but got no response. I bent down and peeked in through the keyhole, ignoring the warning completely.

I saw nothing except deep red.

The sound of the water and humming suddenly stops. I went back to my room and fell asleep due to the exhaustion of the day.

The next morning I went to the reception to check out. "I hope you didn't mess with the room without a number." The lady smiled as I handed her the keys.

I told her about what happened last night which caused a look of utmost horror to cross her face.

"Why what is in that room?" I asked, not quite understanding.

"Few years back, this lady was staying in that room with her husband. During the night she was brutally murdered by her husband and it is said she is still in that room. She has long black hair and white skin. If you peek in the room you would see her sitting on the bed, with her back facing you, humming. Anyone who has ever looked into her eyes has died shortly after." She said in a whisper, shivering slightly.

"Good thing I didn't look into her eyes. I didn't even see her at all. All I saw when I peeked in the room was red."

The lady looked up at me with pity before adding, "Her eyes, they are a deep red color-"
-----------
Oh where have I been? But I am back. I don't remember if I have posted this one but oh well.