•12~Gavriel•

A/n- This is set before Aelin is even born and you live in the land where Maeve rules. You're Fae too. This is set in a universe where Gabriel never met Aedion's mother.

~~
Your father had been a brave warrior who won many medals before he died, so your family was a famous one. It was only you, your younger sister and your mother who were still alive but you were grateful for it. Many people were orphans or widowed.

Because your father was a famous warrior, you were always invited to Maeve's balls. Your favourite was the Yule ball, which happened to be coming up. Many brave soldiers attended aswell as other noble families. This meant there were many handsome men and beautiful woman attending.

This was just what your mother wanted, as you were of an age to marry now. Your sister was still too young, so she wouldn't be looking for suitors. All you wanted to do was enjoy yourself but you knew that if you didn't find a good suitor soon, you might be married off. You weren't too stressed about it at the moment because you didn't doubt that you would find your soulmate soon. Your mother had met your father when she was younger than you.

"Ohhh, y/n! You have to wear this dress." Your little sister, Mara, exclaimed as she showed you a dark blue dress that flowed to the floor. It was embroidered with gold stitching that looked like stars next to the dark blue. It also made your bust look bigger, which was always a bonus when looking for a husband.
"It is gorgeous, y/n. No one will be able to take their eyes off you." Your Mother said, eyeing the dress carefully before handing it to the tailor she had hired. You put it on and the tailor adjusted it for you.

"Wow..." You were all speechless when she had finished. It complimented your body type and skin tone perfectly, making you stand out.  "I love it so much. I think I'm ready to go." You twirled and grinned. Your sister joined you once she had her dress ready as well, and finally, it was time to leave.

You entered through the palace doors with your mother and sister and you were announced. All the eyes turned to you three and you captured hearts almost immediately. Gavriel was stood with his fellow soldiers laughing about something when you were announced. He saw you walk in and wanted to ask you to dance. From your second name, he knew exactly who you were and who your father was.

Gavriel began walking over to you, giving himself a pep talk to get himself to ask you to dance, when a random fae lord swept you away onto the dance floor. He watched in annoyance at how you danced gracefully with the lord and chatted with him.

After what seemed hours, you stopped dancing with the lord and walked over to your sister who handed you a drink. Gavriel quickly walked over because he was worried if he didn't, someone else would ask you.

"Excuse me, miss." Gavriel said, butting into your conversation. Both you and Mara looked over to him as he bowed politely. You both curtsied and he picked up your hand and kissed it. You blushed, because the young man was good looking. "I'm Gavriel, and I wanted to ask you to dance."
"I would you love that." You said, grinning like a child. You lead him onto the dance floor and began to dance with him.

The rest of the night, you danced with Gavriel, only stopping to get a drink or some food. You found him so funny and you enjoyed dancing with him. Your mother certainly noticed how close you were with him, even after only knowing him for a few hours. Sadly, the ball began to wind down and your mother came over to tell you that it was time to leave.

"Thankyou for dancing with me, you have made this night much more enjoyable." You said as you curtsied. Gavriel bowed before giving you a look of nervousness.
"Y/n, I..i"
"Would it be ok if I wrote to you?" You asked, cutting him off, not even knowing that he was going to ask you the same thing. Gavriel smiles brightly.
"Of course, I was going to ask you the exact same thing."

You waved to him before leaving with your mother and sister. To your joy, a letter arrived from Gavriel the next day. Maybe you had found the perfect suitor.