vmin:promise(a)

"ɪ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟɪɢʜᴛ, ʙᴀʙʏ, ʏᴏᴜ ꜱʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟɪɢʜᴛ."

---

taehyung sobbed as he watched his boyfriend on the hospital bed through blurry eyes.

"shh,"jimin hushed gently,a small,sad smile on his face though tears were also brimming his eyes,"don't cry,angel,i don't like it when you cry."

taehyung sniffled,his hair a mess and face slightly red from too much crying,"a-and i don't like what's happening to you!why- why you?"he wiped his tears with the sleeve of his jacket.

"you don't deserve this; you're al-always so perfect..i don't understand,minnie,i d-don't un-understand..!"

jimin sniffled himself,and cupped taehyung's face gently,looking into his eyes,"hey,angel,look at me.look at me,it'll be okay."

"no it won't,"taehyung whispered, tired, and tears filled his eyes again,"i don't want you to leave me!"

jimin hushed him,stroking the hair of his boyfriend lovingly,"it isn't my fault i got cancer,tae."he chuckled a bit dryly,but both knew neither was in the mood for jokes.

"h-he- they- they said you only had a few d-days left!i- i can't live without you,i can't."taehyung choked out, tears falling uncontrollably."i can't,minnie, i can't."

jimin pulled away, his own hands shaking slightly,"i- i'm sorry,i'm so sorry,taehyung."

the elder lay back down onto the white bed slowly,"h-hey,tae.it's late, how about you go home for now and come back tomorrow, huh?"his voice was obviously shaky, eyes hooded as if he was thinking about something deep.

"so..just promise me,okay?if i leave, i want you to live for yourself,be happy.p-please?"

taehyung,who was by now a crying mess, nodded,"yo-you won't,hyung.you won't d-d-die,you won't.please promise me you won't,jiminie,please."

jimin mustered up a small smile before sitting up slightly and grabbing sheets of tissue,gently tapping on the other's face so as to dry his teaty face."don't cry,angel.it doesn't suit you."

"b-be here,okay?promise you'll be here tomorrow when i c-come again?"taehyung hiccuped and jimin looked down before planting a small kiss on the younger's lips.

"i promise."

---

"I want you to be your night, baby
You could be your night."

taehyung's eyes shot open as he hurridly looked at the screen of his phone;his blasting ringtone of a song jimin had made up playing and waking him up.

fiddling with his phone, he was filled with worry when an unfamiliar number popped up and taehyung swiped.

"h-hello?"

the line went silent for a while,before a female's voice responded.

"kim taehyung?"

swallowing the lump in his throat,"y-yea."

in a sad yet desperate voice,the lady replied,"please come down to the hospital. mr park is in a critical condition."

that was all it took of taehyung to freeze, before hanging up and rushing out of the house,in an huge t-shirt and shorts though it was snowing outside.

---

"j-jimin,jiminie,"taehyung panted, scanning the hospital room desperately.a nurse came in and taehyung turned to her, screaming,"where is he?where the hell is he?!"

the nurse, though taken aback, replied in a quick tone,"he- he's.."she pointed to another room and taehyung dashed over.

in the room was jimin,on the same bed as usual , while doctors were rushing around hurridly,trying to stabalize his heartbeat.

"jimin!"taehyung exclaimed, tearing up when jimin reached for him weakly.

"h-hey an-angel,"jimin whispered, and taehyung fell to the ground,sobbing."you'll be okay,right?you will?"

jimin sighed and let out a tired chuckle. "taehyung,baby.can you pro-promise me somethin-g?"taehyung cried as he nodded.

"please- please forget me,okay?find someone else,live h-happily to-together." jimin stroked taehyung's head softly,"i-i don't have much time left,i know.so please- promise me."

taehyung nodded before looking at jimin, his heart breaking,"i-i won't,no-no i can't. jiminie please."

jimin smiled softly."i'm sorry.c-come here.. give me a kiss."

taehyung wiped his tears, before pecking jimin's lips multiple times."d-don't go-"the monitor started going crazy, and taehyung the same."no- no,no,please- don't go--"

"i-i love you."

it all came out like a soft whisper in the wind, and suddenly all taehyung could hear was the deafening sound of the flat heartbeat on the device.

---

"you-you promised."

---

how was it?

bad,ik.