A Note From The Writer

While this story and world are heavily influenced by Victorian England, it is not historical fiction. I basically picked bits and pieces of the 19th century that I liked (and even the 18th century with regard to asylums) and smooshed them together into my own made-up setting. So quite a bit of the information in this series is not historically accurate. Mind you, if you want to share a little tidbit of what is historically accurate, you're more than welcome. I love to learn and may even decide to tweak what I've written if the facts you share with me strike a chord. But I did take quite a few creative liberties here with medicine, science, and history. This is, after all, more of a fantasy/science fiction tale than anything. With a little steam and a few gears thrown in there.

In addition, there are scenes involving things that could be triggering to some people. Mental health is a big subject (panic attacks, hallucinations, depression, and a disorder loosely based on schizoaffective disorder). Dead bodies, surgeries, some violence. Just figured I'd give you a heads up. Things can get kind of gross as the series goes along, so I highly discourage eating while reading . . .

Also, this particular book is the fourth in the series. The story will probably make more sense if you start with The Wolf with the Iron Jaw, as it's the first. A list of the books in order is at the beginning of this book.

With that said, I thank you greatly for stopping by! I hope you enjoy this cast of dark and twisted characters. Grab some tea and crumpets (actually, nix the crumpets until after the autopsies) and enjoy!