91

It was New Year's Eve, everyone was round at the twins house. Matilda and Emma were dancing together, completely off time, and the boys were sat with each other talking.

"2019 is gonna be our year." Matilda said as she wrapped her arms around her best friend.

"What about we leave them two for each other?" Emma said loud enough for Grayson and Ethan to hear. Both boys turned around as Matilda giggled.

"Definitely." Matilda pulled away from Emma and walked over to Grayson. She hugged him from the back, her head rested on his shoulder.

Emma sat in between Ethan and James. Matilda closed her eyes, she knew she shouldn't have stayed up until 4am yesterday if she wanted to see the new year.

"No! Don't fall asleep on me." Grayson whined.

"But, I'm tired." She stuck out her bottom lip.

"Who else is gonna be my New Years kiss?" Grayson questioned twirling around to face her.

"I volunteer!" James said raising his hand slightly. Matilda shot him a playful glare.

"He's mine." She mouthed, James just stuck his tongue out. "Can't you just wake me up before midnight?" Matilda rested her head on his chest.

"You and I both know that you won't wake up Tilly." Grayson mumbled.

"Ugh I hate you." She whispered. Grayson pulled her into him and wrapped his arms around her.

"Sure you do."

"Okay, where the alcohol at?" Matilda questioned pulling away from Grayson.

"You're underage." Emma muttered sarcastically.

"Bitch, I was born and raised in Ireland. I'm allowed to drink." Matilda said as she walked to the fridge. She pulled out a bottle of Disaronno.

~

"5!" Everyone shouted as they watched the countdown. "4! 3! 2!" Matilda turned to Grayson. "1!"

He brought both his large veiny hands up and cupped Matilda's cheeks softly, he pulled her closer towards him making her stand on her tip toes as their lips connect. It was only for a few seconds but it was meaningful nevertheless.

"I am destined to be forever single." James mumbled as he watched both the couples kiss.