the handprints

"When I was in high school (only about two or three years ago), kids would always talk about this haunted dirt road in the middle of nowhere called Old State Road.There were tons of rumors about things that would happen on this road, like a woman hanging from the bridge above it. The rumor that's [relevant] to my story was that there was a bus full of children that was hit on the train tracks. It was rumored that if you put your car in neutral on the train tracks and put baby powder on the back, the ghosts of the children would push your car off and you could see their handprints left.

One night, I went with my best friend, and we picked up one of our good friends and her two guy friends. When we got on the road, we had one of the guys drive because we were so scared. When he got to the train tracks, he turned the car and lights off. No one got out of the car to put anything on the back. We begged him to move, but he didn't, and we sat there. Nothing happened and we didn't see that car move.

Disappointed, my best friend and I dropped the others off at home. When we got to her house around 1:00 a.m., we decided to look at the back of the car just for fun. When we put a flashlight on it, there was a thin layer of dust, and tiny, child-like hand prints all over the back of her car, when no one had gotten out or touched it."