Convention

" I'm so nervous". I was in line with my friend to for a photo op with Matt Smith, my celebrity crush. " it'll be fun!" She reassured. The line quickly progressed with my shyness increasing by the second.

The party in front of us got to the photo area where I could see Matt. He had short, shaggy hair with his glasses on, an image that every Matt Smith fan loved. I snapped out of my trance when the worker shouted " NEXT!". Matt saw me jump and sweetly smiled. I smiled and somehow said hi with no hesitation. Perfect almost. He complimented my 11th doctor dress and I thanked him with another smile.

My friend gave info to the workers and I talked to Matt. I swept my soft, brown hair back and he smiled more. My friend, Matt, and I got in front of the background. My face got warm when his hand got to my hip.

My friend stepped aside so it was just Matt and I. He hugged me close from the side and the photographer snapped a few photos and we eventually said goodbye to Matt.

We bought our photos without hesitation. My friend went to go into a shop when Matt said hello to me. I said hi back, unprepared this time. He chuckled at my slight panic. He stood close to me and we talked.

"I been wanting to tell you something." He said.

" what's that?"

" um, I," he paused. " I love you."

I couldn't believe what I'd just heard. I secretly pinched my side to make sure I was conscious. I was awake. He looked away in shame.

" it's okay if you don't love me back." He began to stroll away.

" no wait!"

He stopped in his tracks and turned to me.

" huh?"

" I love you too." I smiled reassuringly.

I approached him and we began to close in. Before I knew it we were kissing with my friend in awe.