forty-four

˚୨୧˚ ˚୨୧˚
may 8, 2020

waking up without checking her phone immediately was new to adele.

brandon hadn't done much to hide it besides placing it in his jean pocket, which had been scattered on the floor beside her. staring at the device on the ground, she refrains from grabbing it, instead stepping over it to head towards the bathroom.

she stands beside brandon, who'd been fixing his hair in the mirror. "i should head to my room, i have rehearsal in an hour."

"go do that," she urges. "i'll be fine."

he smiles at her through the mirror, "you'll be at the show?"

"of course." she says, "we're going to dinner afterwards, right?"

"with the boys." he sighs, and she laughs.

"it'll be fun!" she assures. brandon looks over at her, into her eyes.

"doing better, adele?"

"yeah, i'm fine." she lies, "you should go before you get yelled at."

she follows him back into the room, where he picks up his jeans from the floor. "your phone? you should have it."

she sighs, "can you change my passwords, then? on instagram and twitter."

he gives her a look, "adele...you should ask someone else to do that."

"but i trust you."

he frowns, and she waits as he changes the passwords for both social media's, handing the phone back to her. "i just think you need it, especially to communicate."

"i don't want see what anyone is saying," she explains with a sigh. though it had been eating her alive.

"i understand. where's melanie?"

"next door. i'll call her over when you leave."

"okay," he reaches to kiss her cheek. "see you later."

they exchange goodbyes, and she watches as he disappears from the door.

"did you like my freestyle, adele?"

"that was barely a freestyle, zion."

"was i asking for your opinion? definitely not."

adele had been overwhelmed with the voices overlapping each other in the car, "yes, i liked your freestyle, zion."

zion smirks at nick, who had rolled his eyes and faced the other way. "i can't believe we're getting burgers when that fancy italian restaurant is sitting right there."

"i need to eat good." zion says. "i've been starving, plus the food at the hotel is expensive as shit, thanks to adele for picking the hotel and brandon insisting on staying there."

"yep, blame it all on me." brandon mutters, who'd turned away from everyone to look out his own window.

adele squeezes his hand, "something wrong?"

"i'm tired." he admits with a sigh. "and i just wanna go to the room."

"cheer up, big man." austin says, reaching over the row of seats to pat his back.

adele frowns at him, watching as his side profile had lit up from the moonlight. "we'll be there before you know it."